Thread: Need help with learning to tune

Potential Tuner

Need help with learning to tune

So I have a 1999 chevy 1500 with a 4.8l I put a brian tooley stage 3 v2 cam in it, staring at all the numbers in the app I have no idea where to start adjusting. I know it is dumping fuel and keeps fouling out plugs. I'm not even sure where to start fuel or timing. A link to a good video or maybe even someone running the same setup that could help me guide through the numbers would be greatly appreciated.

Just adding a camshaft won't cause it to dump raw fuel out the tail pipe and start fouling plugs. If anything, it would probably need a little less fuel at idle but not a ton and more fuel at higher rpm.

I hope you bought larger injectors too. The stock 1999 4.8 and 5.3 injectors are really small and basically only support stock power levels.

I can't help you learn but can only offer suggestions to change if there was a data log and tune file posted. Otherwise you can read the forums and try to watch youtube video's to get a better grasp of it.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    I appreciate the insight I did upgrade injectors to, also ported and polished heads new valve springs as well. I'll look up some videos and post any progress I make thanks for replying back though

Putting in the correct injector data will do a ton for how it's running.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.