Thread: 2007 TBSS obviously misfiring under load, but will not display any misfire data

2007 TBSS obviously misfiring under load, but will not display any misfire data

This TBSS just stopped by yesterday and it has a miss under moderate load. Simply turned on p0300 and put the misfire data back to stock, but they are ALWAYS 0, all the time. We just want to narrow down the cylinder to look into.

Anyone else seen this?

Thanks!

base misfires on.hpt1 misfire.hpl

Ever get anywhere ? PE enable looks pretty low, 2% 2500rpm up. I have a 5.3 Envoy Im fighting to get right also.

Advanced Tuner
    I believe on a base os on the early e67s you need a maf for misfire detection to work.

Use a different scan tool for starters. Have seen some Snap-On scanners miss codes and misfires. Next give them spark plugs and wires a nice shower. Get it to operating temp, spray wires and plugs with water and see the spark.

Using Hptuners to scan with. I was THINKING the MAF being disabled was the issue as well.

It NEVER sees misfires, but knock sensors are operational.

It came modified and tuned as-is. I raised PE after this actually, but with a roots blower it comes on quick!

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowman1987 View Post
    Using Hptuners to scan with. I was THINKING the MAF being disabled was the issue as well.

It NEVER sees misfires, but knock sensors are operational.

It came modified and tuned as-is. I raised PE after this actually, but with a roots blower it comes on quick!
    Does the vehicle have a maf installed?

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowman1987 View Post
    This TBSS just stopped by yesterday and it has a miss under moderate load. Simply turned on p0300 and put the misfire data back to stock, but they are ALWAYS 0, all the time. We just want to narrow down the cylinder to look into.

Anyone else seen this?

Thanks!

base misfires on.hpt1 misfire.hpl
    I can't tell you which cylinder but it's definitely on the passenger side.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Yes. Passenger side for sure as you can see it go lean when it misses.

No MAF at all.

Alvin, I THINK you may of tuned or helped with the tuning on this truck initially. Has a PCM4Less "boost" cam in it I was told.