Thread: 2014 Ram 1500 5.7 Part Throttle Timing related to VVT position

Potential Tuner

2014 Ram 1500 5.7 Part Throttle Timing related to VVT position

Hi All,

I am new to the world of dodge tuning, most of the background has been in Subaru's and GM's. I noticed in the logs that the dodge seems to like to be very aggressive with the timing from the factory and then retard the timing based on knock events it seems. The vehicle i have is a stock 2014 Ram 1500 with 5.7 and 3.91 gear

with that I would like to make some changes to pull timing in some of these areas to hopefully make it more consistent and less knock prone.

Can someone explain to me the differences between these tables relating part throttle advance to VVT angle Max, Lock, Calibrated and when they are used (see attached) considering the exhaust cam is only active I do not understand when these tables are used. I am tempted to make all of them the same as part throttle base, but i would not want to do this without understanding what they do. I assume the lock position and max positions are defined by the other tables (see attached).

VVT Exhaust Lock-pin.pngPart Throttle Timing based on VVT.png

Thanks
    Nick
    Last edited by nick121320; 12-05-2021 at 10:48 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    It would make more sense if the spark tables and cam tables that go together were named the same. There are also a bunch of unused and duplicate cam tables.

You'll have to do a lot of logging to figure it out.

Because there is one Cam not all tables are working.
    The same as in airflow vvt.
    These tables are all mixed up with MBT / part throttle.
    And no, Hemis dont use aggressive timings if you dont set knock sensors new.