Thread: ZF8 Shift ID missing?

ZF8 Shift ID missing?

I'm trying to figure out what shift table my truck is using but haven't been able to find anything useful to log yet. Looking over the forums there seems to be a "Shift ID" parameter to look for but I'm not seeing it.
    Only thing that I've found that might be useful is "Aggression Category Low/High" and "Aggression Counter" but I'm not sure what to make of those values as they don't change much.

I've change parameters in the Aggression 0, 5, 10, 15, 20 tables with success but I'd like to know for sure what the truck is actually using.

2019 RAM 5.7L ZF8HP75 4x4
    ECU: GPEC2A (2018+ dodge)
    TCM: ZF8HP2

I attached a picture of every parameter I I could find that might seem useful to log.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by spoolboy View Post
    Yep, gonna need to contact support. It hasn't been defined in a bunch of applications.
    Thanks, I sent in a support ticket for this. I'll update with what I find out.

Tuner in Training
    On my 19 1500, I can log shift id and it works ok. I?m on newest version. And for what it?s worth, my truck lives in map 5 most of the time. Going up a steep grade, I jump to map 10. Map 0 for decel which is common for inter zf8.
    Tow haul jumps up to a wierd map also.
    Using manual electronic range selection For gear limits, shift / clutch type stays same, normal, 5 etc.

Aggression counter I?ve had to like 20 and didn?t change out of map 5.

Please let me know how you make out.
    What kind of trans tuning are you looking to do?

Quote Originally Posted by mike_ct View Post
    On my 19 1500, I can log shift id and it works ok. I?m on newest version. And for what it?s worth, my truck lives in map 5 most of the time. Going up a steep grade, I jump to map 10. Map 0 for decel which is common for inter zf8.
    Tow haul jumps up to a wierd map also.
    Using manual electronic range selection For gear limits, shift / clutch type stays same, normal, 5 etc.

Aggression counter I?ve had to like 20 and didn?t change out of map 5.

Please let me know how you make out.
    What kind of trans tuning are you looking to do?
    I'm in process of emails with support right now, I'm looking to mainly tune downshifts near idle. They are horrible now that I kicked up idle to 750 to protect the cam / lifters. Also looking to firm up the shifts a little bit and remove some delay in the shift if possible. I tuned my 6L80 almost perfect (to me) by disabling adapts and tuning the pressures by hand (took me a LONG time to do that). This truck does a really really great job at always being in the correct gear and the downshifting when going up a hill is very strange without changing throttle (but I love it). Once I figure out the torque converter tables more I'll probably make it so it unlocks completely past 50% throttle also.

I did change all the 0, 5, 10, 15, 20 with success, the one that really sucks right now is when its in "warm up" its downshifting too low with the torque converter locked right now.

Tuner in Training
    how's your trans tuning going?

how's your trans tuning going?
    I've been working with support and have been making some progress, for some reason I had to do a Vehicle -> Repoll for Supported Parameters to get the Shift ID. I assumed the dialog that pops up every time did this. I'm still in progress as the "Trans current gear" doesn't work with any of the widgets (vertical bar, analog dial, chart).

I also just posted over here https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...teven-HP/page2 trying to see if anyone has info on the tables I've been experimenting with. Its been a rocky road so far (I started with a bad battery for a week - these ECUs/BCM do NOT like bad batteries and the one I had tested okay in every test. I suspect the voltage drop on start was just too much for one of the modules to handle).

Advanced Tuner
    Having issues as well. Repolled and got shift ID added but it stays in "5" no matter what. Normal, Sport, Track, Manual, Paddle all show Shift ID 5

Tuner in Training
    White1 what vehicle?

2021 ZF 8HP75 stays in 5 under most driving and switches to 28 for manual mode. just updated the editor with new definitions

Tuner in Training
    I?ll confirm, my 19 ram stays in map 5 anytime driving. Only thing that changes it is low range, tow/haul, or steep grades. Thought it was working correctly, since my truck doesn?t have sport modes, etc, any fancy stuff

Tuner in Training
    Who did you talk to for the shift ID update. I am working on 2020 Gladiators and had it, but updated to the latest veta, and now the data coming across just seems ro be randomly scrolling

CHAD in support

Advanced Tuner
    White1 what vehicle?
    2020 charger hellcat. I installed the newest beta (literally one or two days after doing this) repolled and was able to log.

Tuner in Training
    I repolled last night and could not get shift ID to come up in the channel list. If I disconnect the truck I can see the shift ID parameter under the transmission, it does not seem to be active for the Gladiator, my gues is it is defined differently as it is showing up as an addon to drive mode, and it is wildly scrolling at the moment unlike the previous VCM where it actually ahowed the shift table it was plucking values from most the time

Tuner in Training
    Just wanted to follow up. i contacted support. Sent them my flash file and they activated Shift ID for my Operating System. Pretty painless and super helpfull. Quick too!

new beta has tons more shift pids for the new 21 8HP75

Quote Originally Posted by GSLSE20B View Post
    new beta has tons more shift pids for the new 21 8HP75
    I'm still working with support but recent beta (4.11.771) a couple days ago added a lot of new parameters for the 2019 RAM 8HP75.

Here is the list that was added:

Transmission -> Shift General ================================================== ================
    [TCM] 44128 - Manual Shifting Minimum Accelerator Pedal Position for Kickdown: The accelerator pedal must be greater than this for manual shifting to force a kickdown.

Transmission -> Shift Pressures -> Upshift ================================================== ================
    [TCM] 40980 - Trans Minimum Desired Line Pressure Normal 1-2: The minimum desired line pressure during a Normal 1-2 shift.
    [TCM] 40981 - Trans Minimum Desired Line Pressure Normal 2-3: The minimum desired line pressure during a Normal 2-3 shift.
    [TCM] 40982 - Trans Minimum Desired Line Pressure Normal 3-4: The minimum desired line pressure during a Normal 3-4 shift.
    [TCM] 40983 - Trans Minimum Desired Line Pressure Normal 4-5: The minimum desired line pressure during a Normal 4-5 shift.
    [TCM] 40984 - Trans Minimum Desired Line Pressure Normal 5-6: The minimum desired line pressure during a Normal 5-6 shift.
    [TCM] 40985 - Trans Minimum Desired Line Pressure Normal 6-7: The minimum desired line pressure during a Normal 6-7 shift.
    [TCM] 40986 - Trans Minimum Desired Line Pressure Normal 7-8: The minimum desired line pressure during a Normal 7-8 shift.

Transmission -> Shift Pressures -> Downshift ================================================== ================
    [TCM] 40950 - Trans Minimum Desired Line Pressure Normal 2-1: The minimum desired line pressure during a Normal 2-1 shift.
    [TCM] 40953 - Trans Minimum Desired Line Pressure Normal 3-2: The minimum desired line pressure during a Normal 3-2 shift.
    [TCM] 40956 - Trans Minimum Desired Line Pressure Normal 4-3: The minimum desired line pressure during a Normal 4-3 shift.
    [TCM] 40959 - Trans Minimum Desired Line Pressure Normal 5-4: The minimum desired line pressure during a Normal 5-4 shift.
    [TCM] 40962 - Trans Minimum Desired Line Pressure Normal 6-5: The minimum desired line pressure during a Normal 6-5 shift.
    [TCM] 40965 - Trans Minimum Desired Line Pressure Normal 7-6: The minimum desired line pressure during a Normal 7-6 shift.
    [TCM] 40968 - Trans Minimum Desired Line Pressure Normal 8-7: The minimum desired line pressure during a Normal 8-7 shift.

[TCM] 40970 - Trans Minimum Desired Line Pressure Perf 3-1: The minimum desired line pressure during a Perf 3-1 shift.
    [TCM] 40972 - Trans Minimum Desired Line Pressure Perf 4-2: The minimum desired line pressure during a Perf 4-2 shift.
    [TCM] 40973 - Trans Minimum Desired Line Pressure Perf 5-1: The minimum desired line pressure during a Perf 5-1 shift.
    [TCM] 40974 - Trans Minimum Desired Line Pressure Perf 5-3: The minimum desired line pressure during a Perf 5-3 shift.
    [TCM] 40976 - Trans Minimum Desired Line Pressure Perf 6-3: The minimum desired line pressure during a Perf 6-3 shift.
    [TCM] 40977 - Trans Minimum Desired Line Pressure Perf 6-4: The minimum desired line pressure during a Perf 6-4 shift.
    [TCM] 40978 - Trans Minimum Desired Line Pressure Perf 7-1: The minimum desired line pressure during a Perf 7-1 shift.
    [TCM] 40920 - Trans Minimum Desired Line Pressure Perf 7-5: The minimum desired line pressure during a Perf 7-5 shift.
    [TCM] 40923 - Trans Minimum Desired Line Pressure Perf 8-2: The minimum desired line pressure during a Perf 8-2 shift.
    [TCM] 40926 - Trans Minimum Desired Line Pressure Perf 8-4: The minimum desired line pressure during a Perf 8-4 shift.
    [TCM] 40929 - Trans Minimum Desired Line Pressure Perf 8-6: The minimum desired line pressure during a Perf 8-6 shift.

Transmission -> Shift Timing -> General ================================================== ================
    [TCM] 30246 - Trans First Gear Inertia Mode Delay: When gear engagement mode is used, this is the delay before inertia mode.
    [TCM] 30247 - Trans Second Gear Inertia Mode Delay: When gear engagement mode is used, this is the delay before inertia mode.
    [TCM] 30248 - Trans Third Gear Inertia Mode Delay: When gear engagement mode is used, this is the delay before inertia mode.
    [TCM] 30249 - Trans Fourth Gear Inertia Mode Delay: When gear engagement mode is used, this is the delay before inertia mode.
    [TCM] 30250 - Trans Fifth Gear Inertia Mode Delay: When gear engagement mode is used, this is the delay before inertia mode.
    [TCM] 30251 - Trans Sixth Gear Inertia Mode Delay: When gear engagement mode is used, this is the delay before inertia mode.
    [TCM] 30252 - Trans Seventh Gear Inertia Mode Delay: When gear engagement mode is used, this is the delay before inertia mode.
    [TCM] 30253 - Trans Eighth Gear Inertia Mode Delay: When gear engagement mode is used, this is the delay before inertia mode.
    [TCM] 30255 - Trans Reverse Gear Inertia Mode Delay: When gear engagement mode is used, this is the delay before inertia mode.

Transmission -> Torque Converter -> Pressure ================================================== ================
    [TCM] 46919 - TCC Maximum Commanded Pressure: The maximum commanded torque converter clutch pressure.
    [TCM] 46920 - TCC Fast Fill Pressure: The desired pressure during fast fill of the torque converter clutch.
    [TCM] 46921 - TCC Output Pressure: The output control pressure based on current conditions.
    [TCM] 46947 - TCC Pressure Offset For Lock: A pressure offset applied to lock the torque converter clutch.

[TCM] 46932 - TCC Apply Pressure Ramp: The pressure ramp used to apply the torque converter clutch.
    [TCM] 46933 - TCC Apply Pressure Ramp First Gear: The pressure ramp used to apply the torque converter clutch for first gear.
    [TCM] 46934 - TCC Apply Pressure Ramp Second Gear: The pressure ramp used to apply the torque converter clutch for second gear.
    [TCM] 46935 - TCC Apply Pressure Ramp Third Gear: The pressure ramp used to apply the torque converter clutch for third gear.
    [TCM] 46940 - TCC Apply Pressure Ramp Eighth Gear: The pressure ramp used to apply the torque converter clutch for eighth gear.
    [TCM] 46937 - TCC Apply Pressure Ramp Fifth Gear: The pressure ramp used to apply the torque converter clutch for fifth gear.
    [TCM] 46938 - TCC Apply Pressure Ramp Sixth Gear: The pressure ramp used to apply the torque converter clutch for sixth geard.
    [TCM] 46939 - TCC Apply Pressure Ramp Seventh Gear: The pressure ramp used to apply the torque converter clutch for seventh gear.
    [TCM] 46940 - TCC Apply Pressure Ramp Eighth Gear: The pressure ramp used to apply the torque converter clutch for eighth gear.
    [TCM] 46941 - TCC Apply Pressure Ramp Performance: The pressure ramp used to apply the torque converter clutch for active performance mode.
    [TCM] 46946 - TCC Apply Pressure Ramp For Lock: The pressure ramp used to lock the torque converter clutch.

[TCM] 46942 - TCC Release Pressure Ramp: The pressure ramp used to release the torque converter clutch.

[TCM] 46922 - TCC Starting Fill Compensation Pressure: The starting value for fill compensation pressure.
    [TCM] 46923 - TCC Starting Fill Compensation Pressure First Gear: The starting value for fill compensation pressure for first gear.
    [TCM] 46924 - TCC Starting Fill Compensation Pressure Second Gear: The starting value for fill compensation pressure for second gear.
    [TCM] 46925 - TCC Starting Fill Compensation Pressure Third Gear: The starting value for fill compensation pressure for third gear.
    [TCM] 46926 - TCC Starting Fill Compensation Pressure Fourth Gear: The starting value for fill compensation pressure for fourth gear.
    [TCM] 46927 - TCC Starting Fill Compensation Pressure Fifth Gear: The starting value for fill compensation pressure for fifth gear.
    [TCM] 46928 - TCC Starting Fill Compensation Pressure Sixth Gear: The starting value for fill compensation pressure for sixth gear.
    [TCM] 46929 - TCC Starting Fill Compensation Pressure Seventh Gear: The starting value for fill compensation pressure for seventh gear.
    [TCM] 46930 - TCC Starting Fill Compensation Pressure Eighth Gear: The starting value for fill compensation pressure for eighth gear.
    [TCM] 46931 - TCC Starting Fill Compensation Pressure Performance: The starting value for fill compensation pressure for active performance mode.

[TCM] 46943 - TCC Fill Compensation Time: The desired fill compensation time for the torque converter clutch.
    [TCM] 46944 - TCC Fill Compensation Time Performance: The desired fill compensation time for the torque converter clutch for active performance mode.
    [TCM] 46945 - TCC Fast Fill Time: The desired fast fill time for the torque converter clutch.

Transmission -> Torque Management -> General ================================================== ================
    [TCM] 46276 - Torque Management for Gear Monitoring: Master Enable/Disable for torque limitations used for gear monitoring.

[TCM] 46250 - Transmission Maximum Torque Limit by Temperature (Gear 1): Maximum torque limit based on temperature for gear 1.
    [TCM] 46251 - Transmission Maximum Torque Limit by Temperature (Gear 2): Maximum torque limit based on temperature for gear 2.
    [TCM] 46252 - Transmission Maximum Torque Limit by Temperature (Gear 3): Maximum torque limit based on temperature for gear 3.
    [TCM] 46253 - Transmission Maximum Torque Limit by Temperature (Gear 4): Maximum torque limit based on temperature for gear 4.
    [TCM] 46263 - Transmission Maximum Torque Limit by Converter Temperature (Gear 5): Maximum torque limit based on converter temperature for gear 5.
    [TCM] 46264 - Transmission Maximum Torque Limit by Converter Temperature (Gear 6): Maximum torque limit based on converter temperature for gear 6.
    [TCM] 46265 - Transmission Maximum Torque Limit by Converter Temperature (Gear 7): Maximum torque limit based on converter temperature for gear 7.
    [TCM] 46266 - Transmission Maximum Torque Limit by Converter Temperature (Gear 8): Maximum torque limit based on converter temperature for gear 8.
    [TCM] 46267 - Transmission Maximum Torque Limit by Converter Temperature (Gear Reverse): Maximum torque limit based on converter temperature for reverse gear.

[TCM] 46269 - Maximum Torque Limit Upshift 1-2: The maximum torque allowed during a 1-2 shift.
    [TCM] 46270 - Maximum Torque Limit Upshift 2-3: The maximum torque allowed during a 2-3 shift.
    [TCM] 46271 - Maximum Torque Limit Upshift 3-4: The maximum torque allowed during a 3-4 shift.
    [TCM] 46272 - Maximum Torque Limit Upshift 4-5: The maximum torque allowed during a 4-5 shift.
    [TCM] 46273 - Maximum Torque Limit Upshift 5-6: The maximum torque allowed during a 5-6 shift.
    [TCM] 46274 - Maximum Torque Limit Upshift 6-7: The maximum torque allowed during a 6-7 shift.
    [TCM] 46275 - Maximum Torque Limit Upshift 7-8: The maximum torque allowed during a 7-8 shift.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by DAVECS2 View Post
    Just wanted to follow up. i contacted support. Sent them my flash file and they activated Shift ID for my Operating System. Pretty painless and super helpfull. Quick too!
    Hi, just wanting to find out how long you waited for a response from support? I've been waiting 3 weeks for a PID update to the ZF8 for shift ID, not sure how long this is supposed to take them but I thought it was just a few days.