Thread: ZF tuning app

ZF tuning app

Hello,

I'm in process of making an app that I'm going to eventually release for free (with source) for tuning the ZF8 transmission. The Bluecat app for the GM transmissions was amazing and I'm really missing that especially now since my brain doesn't want to think in OSS.

I'm not really sure exactly what I want in this application yet but I want it to make my life easier tuning this transmission. I have a barely functional proof of concept screenshot so far. If anyone has "features" they would like I'm open ears.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I published my source code and did a preview release. It doesn't do much right now but at least will give you MPH and engine RPM for the current OSS.

https://github.com/ic3man5/ZFTunes

https://github.com/ic3man5/ZFTunes/releases

Potential Tuner
    Hey man, ive done some research and seems like you could help me, i have a bmw car(wich isnt supported by hpt) with a 8hp50, and i have done a differential swap(2.81-3.23) on my car, now my TCU is confused because the OSS isn't matching my wheel speed sensor, the tcu tuning platform i use is called xhp, and they allow for custom tuning files to be uploaded, i have a current custom tuner for my car but he is confused, my instagram is 340i_nas

Advanced Tuner
    these cars have a bunch of modules

abs, fcm, bcm, no idea what your bmw has or how you get into them

we can use alphaOBD on the mopars

changed diff ratio in my challenger, got everything right (royal pita), lost both adaptive and regular cruise in the process

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Zf8man View Post
    Hey man, ive done some research and seems like you could help me, i have a bmw car(wich isnt supported by hpt) with a 8hp50, and i have done a differential swap(2.81-3.23) on my car, now my TCU is confused because the OSS isn't matching my wheel speed sensor, the tcu tuning platform i use is called xhp, and they allow for custom tuning files to be uploaded, i have a current custom tuner for my car but he is confused, my instagram is 340i_nas
    Let me know if you still have not sorted it out. I have solved this on some sw versions.

Old post but, did this app ever work and how is it different from The Tuning School spread sheet?

I've haven't made any improvements to this sadly, family life got in the way. I've never used the tuning school spread sheet.

Tuner
    Tuning School spread sheet is a good tool to start. Having "only" a multiplier is not the best way to tune

Advices like "multiply everything by 1.1 or 1.15" should be taken with caution.

Best way to do it is work on your own spread sheet, where it plots the charts "gear vs. throttle". This way you have all the flexibility to change whatever you want the amount you really need (and not just a whole table multiplier).

Good example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvmaW3YmmGw

DodgeBoy.