Thread: ls swap 5.3 won't run on 5.3 stock, does on 6.0

Tuner in Training

ls swap 5.3 won't run on 5.3 stock, does on 6.0

I have a 5.3 stock engine, in a 1978 truck. drive by cable, straight forward nothing swap. except when you try to go down the road. The 6.0 build runs the best but still no cigar, as you accelerate it cuts out using the 6.0 computer.

When I down load and add the 5.3 stock segment from a 02 suburban (which shouldn't matter as long as it's 5.3), same OS, using the segment swapper.... it will start up but as soon as you give it a little gas it cut out majorly.

anyone have this happen or have any thoughts?

Thanks!!!!

The 6.0 has different injectors and several other differences. The 5.3 stock segment could have different injectors. If you have moved the MAF sensor anyplace other than the stock air tube and location, that's a problem also. You will have to tune the truck to make it run correctly. In most swaps, there is something different that gives problems. If you aren't familiar with tuning, best to take it and get it tuned so you can use it. Sounds like a fun project
    2000 Camaro SS 2015 L83 port injected, Whipple 3.0, 4L80E, 8.8 Ford
    2013 Silverado 5.3, 6L80k 8.8

Many Suburbans are DBW in 2002 I believe, so if you segment swap a DBW file I could see that being a problem.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.