Thread: 5.3 BTR Cam tuning trouble

Potential Tuner

5.3 BTR Cam tuning trouble

Hey guys, im new to tuning and i've put a BTR stage 3 truck cam kit in my 07 Sierra 5.3 cam spec 218/224 110LSA
    DOD delete
    Longtubes's
    3k stall

i've been trying to edit the VVE table in SD with the MAF disabled

problem 1.
    in summer months the truck will start up fairly easy and run decent(obviously room for improvement) but now that it has gotten cold out the truck will basically not start at all unless i put my foot on the gas and help it.
    i've tried adding startup airflow till the table is almost maxxed out.

when logging start up commanded afr before cranking is 1.8 and as soon as i turn the key the scanner freezes and misses all the data of the startup and i have to press stop and start recording again

problem 2.
    i can spend some time tuning the VE table and get rich readings in histogram on wideband and get everything within 1% . and then the next day are lean almost the same amount as the corrections made from the day before. (using multiply % half) i think my ve table could look better if i wasnt getting this type of whiplash when trying to dial it in.

Problem 3
    anytime the truck is running on maf the wideband maxes out lean - seems like no amount of fuel adding can bring it back
    its lean if its maf only and lean if its maf and ve both together

heres my tune and a stock tune hoping someone can point me in the right direction

thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by 07GMC; 12-06-2021 at 06:52 PM.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    post a data log
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SultanHassanMasTuning View Post
    post a data log
    heres an idle log after being warmed up. and 2 short drives. i can not get the scanner to log the actual start up event as it just freezes and skips it untill i restart the recording

thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files