Thread: 5.3 ls swap S10 will not idle

Potential Tuner

5.3 ls swap S10 will not idle

Hey guys, this is my first post on here, and I am not the best with technology, so please bear with me.

Now onto my problem, my buddy has recently finished swapping his 94 s10 with a gen 3 DBC 5.3 60e combo and we cannot get it to idle. It doesnt even try to idle, however, it runs/revs out great above roughly 1200 rpm

I tuned the truck for him (so far at least) and have had no luck. Ive done all the beginner tweaks to the tune, such as, raising the base idle, increasing idle airflow, and tried smoothing out timing tables. with no luck

so the details on the engine, just your typical SBE 5.3 with a SS2 cam, springs, headers, and "cai". nothing crazy.

the truck is not running o2's so I put the truck into speed density and turned off stft's and ltft's. We have checked for vacuum leaks and have found none. Checked the sensors, map, crank, cam, coolant, iat, and they all seem to check out good.

It DOES NOt run better as it warms up either

We have changed the IAC and still same isuue, not better or worse.

Before we pull it back apart and check the timing gear to make sure its lined up correctly I figured I would make a post and see what you guys thought.

I have done some tuning before so this is not my first time, however, I am no professional

Here is the current tune in the truck

juan tune 6 11-30-21.hpt

Any help would be appreciated, hoping its not something that is staring me in the face.

Tuner in Training
    My work computer can't open HPT but go through here to the P59 2018 colorado SS2 tune and pull his airflow settings and timing tables. These had no issue getting a similar summit stage 2 in the driveable ball park on my 6.0 so they should be near perfect for your 5.3/ss2

https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/f...1yDAWi9pdHP7yP

Tuner
    your maf is not failed
    set maf dtcs to error on first

Tuner
    max out etc limits as well
    turn abuse off
    turn dfco off
    try 1.14 for EQ ratio
    Last edited by DougO; 12-07-2021 at 02:39 PM.

Potential Tuner
    I thought since i set the maf frequency to 0 it would fail immediatly. Also my dfco should be off, i set it to enable at 280 degrees

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 Tone 84 View Post
    I thought since i set the maf frequency to 0 it would fail immediatly. Also my dfco should be off, i set it to enable at 280 degrees
    that doesnt fail the maf, the DTCs have to be error on first,dfco was at 104 enable
    Last edited by DougO; 12-08-2021 at 10:08 AM.