Thread: LSJ MAF Tuning

Tuner

LSJ MAF Tuning

I cant seem to get much better than 3% in some areas, any advice? Should I filter throttle pedal for more accuracy?

Here is step 2, I went ahead and multiplied by 1/2%.
    mystocktune-FTDC-turnedoff-MAF-4.0-Step2.hptmaf-step2.hpl

mystocktune-FTDC-turnedoff-MAF-4.0-Step3.hpt

Also, I live in CO, so at 30f, my maf was fluctuating at idle, and it is a newer sensor.. How accurate are these when it gets below 30 veresus at 90f?

eng diag airflow po101, 106, 121 temp enable have anything to do with it ? Thought they need to be temped out of range when tuning the VE or MAF.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    3% is pretty good. ?5% is the zone to be in.
    You need to throw a hard maf code for the maf signal line to fail the sensor. Failing the temp sensor within it is bad practice since it is used for density calculation in ve.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Tuner
    Does disabling the codes stop thr ve table from accessing the temp sensor in the maf?

no. disconnecting the sensor harness removes the power, ground and iat signal lines from the unit.
    Maf is 4 wires:
    Power
    Ground
    IAT signal return
    Airflow signal return

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by cobaltssoverbooster View Post
    no. disconnecting the sensor harness removes the power, ground and iat signal lines from the unit.
    Maf is 4 wires:
    Power
    Ground
    IAT signal return
    Airflow signal
    That makes sense. I assumed the codes wouldn't do that, I am formerly a Toyota 3SGE guy, I have ran Autronics standalone before, as we'll as the various boost controllers, maf tuners...etc but the hpt piggyback stuff and ecu itself are still kind of newish to me.

I finally put my 2.8 pulley on, and retuned the maf, the car definitely runs and feels much better than the 3.0. It pulls a lot harder, sooner than I expected, and runs out of fuel above 6k, which was to be expected.

yeah they get pretty fun around 2.8 size.

Tuner
    It keeps switching to the low octane chart and I am using Premium, aka 91.

(I have heard the 91 should be equivalent to the 93 octane, in Colorado? Is this B.S.?)

There is almost zero KR too, (0.2 once or twice)...I thought the switch from low to high octance spark was done via the knock sensor, does anything else trigger this?
    Last edited by smcstevesmc; 12-20-2021 at 04:24 PM.