Thread: Is it bricked or can it be saved? P59 ecm failed during write calibration

Potential Tuner

Is it bricked or can it be saved? P59 ecm failed during write calibration

Hey guys My name is Chris, I am just in the beginning learning process of tuning. I was just making a slight change to my tune and I got the dreaded Write Failed on a calibration write. This has happened before and I was able to get it to work by simply clicking write calibration over and over until it worked. Well.... Not this time! So when I hit write calibration it gets the bootloader and everything seems fine until it gets to erase and that's where it fails every time now. I have sense put a computer in the truck that will not tune for some reason and moved to a bench harness in the house with the damaged ecm where I am getting the same results. Vehicle is a 2003 Silverado 4.8 4l60 trans all virgin aside from the cold air intake and cat back exhaust. It does have a aftermarket radio that came with the truck that was turned off but fuse was not pulled. I have spent hours reading in these forums and have a mixed opinion on if this thing is able to be saved somehow or not. I created a support ticket with HPT months ago and never got a response. Hopefully I can get the help I need from here

Tuner
    Have the gm dealer flash it back to a stock configuration.

Tuner in Training
    its savable just need to keep trying and and dont usor e speed writter get a table flasher to flash them older p59 ecu have promblems with the factory wires had the same promblem on a buddy though we where fucked but itll flash back on just takes alot of trys and luck

Potential Tuner
    I was able to get it in recovery mode and reflash on my bench harness. defiantly a wiring issue in my truck.