Thread: RTD - Unlicensed Vehicle

Potential Tuner

RTD - Unlicensed Vehicle

I have a RTD from my tuner that I am having issues with. Here is the situation. I had to return my car to stock while I did some work on it. I was able to write the stock tune, was able to write my performance tune from my tuner. But that tune was the first tune before some tweaks had been made. My tuner sent me the up to date tune and now when I try to write it or any other tune (even the stock which I wrote before) I get "Unlicensed Vehicle" I have contacted my tuner and he has been trying to get it working for 2 weeks now. A few days ago I was told he is working on getting the tunes in the new TDN app and that would fix the problem. Today I read that the RTD will not work with iOS so that's not really going to help me. I am hoping someone can tell me why my RTD and Laptop cannot write my tunes anymore when it just wrote 2 different tunes no problem before. My tuner used TeamViewer and already tried deleteing the License file, uninstalling and reinstalling RTD, no go.
    Last edited by StarkMentality; 12-08-2021 at 04:42 PM.

TDN is supported on iOS (RTD+ required, RTD not supported)

Please ask your tuner to reach out to their HPT sales rep and we can help him through the process.

Thanks!
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Potential Tuner
    Correct I have the RTD not the +. And I have iOS. I have reached out to my tuner and their solution was to use TDN but that won’t help as I do not own a android device. Is there no way I can have HPT help me get my laptop to work? Or do I have to go through my tuner? Laptop worked before.

Please open a support ticket here: https://support.hptuners.com/hc/en-us
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...