Thread: 2011 camaro rs wheel speed sensors

Potential Tuner

2011 camaro rs wheel speed sensors

greetings all, I am new to the site. I put C8 Corvette wheels on my wifes 2011 camaro. The fronts are 19" and the rears are 20". This kicks out the traction control and anti lock brakes due to the wheel speed sensors. How do I get this corrected?
    Thanks
    Blizzard Racer

The size of the rim makes no difference, you must match the size of the tires.

A staggered setup is very common, you just need to make the front and rear tire sizes basically the same.

The google tells me that the fronts are 245/35/19's and the rears are 305/30/20's. That is 25.8in for the front and 27.2in for the rear, this is why the ABS system is freaking out because the size difference is too large.

So either make the front tire bigger or make the rear tire smaller. Making the front larger is going to be cheaper because rear tires are much larger to fit on those wide rims. Sell the old two front tires to make some money back.

A 255/40/19 is a 27in tire just for reference.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for the responce. I know that is the easy way of fixing this.I was looking for a way to tap into the electronics and let the computer know that tha tire sizes are different. I know ththere must be a way with the hp tune.

We can't edit the ABS with HP Tuners and that is what will usually always trigger the fault.

Even if your tune has the tables to alter the undriven and driven wheels it's going to still set the fault because the difference in tire size it still roughly 4-5%.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.