Thread: 2015 5.3 L83 silverado

Potential Tuner

2015 5.3 L83 silverado

Just removed dod and replaced cam with stage 2 added long tube headers. Now it will not idle smooth and the fuel trim is crazy how can i make these adjustments?
    and the o2's is still making things run rich.
    Trying to figure out how to post my tune. Can anyone tell how to do that?
    Last edited by Mdennis; 12-09-2021 at 08:01 AM.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Mdennis View Post
    Just removed dod and replaced cam with stage 2 added long tube headers. Now it will not idle smooth and the fuel trim is crazy how can i make these adjustments?
    and the o2's is still making things run rich.
    Trying to figure out how to post my tune. Can anyone tell how to do that?
    You will need to setup tune to use MAF only and/or VVE only (Speed Density). There are a few videos on youtube on how to do it. Goatropegarage has some. Maf is easiest/quickest, so start with that. This is how I do it. There are probably better ways but I've had good success with this. Set up graphs in the scanner application that resemble your maf and/or vve tables that are in your tune. Use your stft+ltft data to get idle and part throttle fueling dialed in. When creating the graph the stft+ltft parameter is in under the math section.. You will need a wideband to do full throttle fueling for those 2 tables.

To post a tune or log, it will be under "Attachments" in the "Additional Options" box below where you type your post.
    2016 Silverado CCSB L83/6l80e
    TSP cam 218/226, .635"/.635", 113 LSA 10% FL
    TSP LT headers
    Circle D Billet converter

Click the Go Advanced button to get to the additional options where you can manage attachments.
    http://www.tuning101.com will take you to the Goat Rope Garage YouTube page.