Thread: VE Table Quick Quetion

VE Table Quick Quetion

If the values in the VE table are calculations of how efficent the engine is at a certain Rpm vs Kpa cell then.... by looking at the table and comparing it to other vechicles VE table you should be able to decided wich combination is more effincent at a given range wright?
    Please explain
    thnx!

or not just the combination but where the paticular motor is most efficent at?

It's not really an efficiency table per se. It's more of an airflow usage table. Here's a writeup on how the VE gets calculated/displayed.
    HERE
    Always Support Our Troops!

Potential Tuner
    Um..... What's a VE table?
    ***Picture Deleted By Moderator...Inappropriate Content***
    1993 Cavalier.... 220,124 miles and counting!!!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex President
    Um..... What's a VE table?
    http://www.hptuners.com/help/vcm_edi...dvanced_ve.htm
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    Hi, I am browsing the forum and all the rests to understand if I can be able to use the software to tune my Chevrolet Captiva Diesel.

Watching the help file, I noticed that soem sections do not display.

Is it a tech problem or the section is simply not ready?

If it is not ready, is the software ready to tune diesel?

Where can I get some help files? I have knowledge of engines, but I do not think I can do tuning just with it.

I have already sent a question to support to check if the software can be used on my car, but if someone can answer here, it is ok for me.

ciao from Italy

enzo

Quote Originally Posted by enzo
    Hi, I am browsing the forum and all the rests to understand if I can be able to use the software to tune my Chevrolet Captiva Diesel.

Watching the help file, I noticed that soem sections do not display.

Is it a tech problem or the section is simply not ready?

If it is not ready, is the software ready to tune diesel?

Where can I get some help files? I have knowledge of engines, but I do not think I can do tuning just with it.

I have already sent a question to support to check if the software can be used on my car, but if someone can answer here, it is ok for me.

ciao from Italy

enzo
    enzo..please check out the FAQ forum section...you will probably find a lot of your answers there..

as for vehciles supported if you go to www.hptuners.com/order.php you can click to see all of the supported vehicles at this current time...
    new ones are being addded regularly..and just becasue you dont see it on the list doesnt mean its not supported..sometimes it falls in line with something else and hasent been put on the list yet..so you can always mail sales@hptuners to find out if your vehicle is supported or will be supported in the future.
    -Scott -

Quote Originally Posted by EC_Tune
    It's not really an efficiency table per se. It's more of an airflow usage table. Here's a writeup on how the VE gets calculated/displayed.
    HERE
    and depending on how you tune your vehcile your VE could be higher or lower than somebody else with a different combo..

I was running an SD tune in my LS1 V8 camaro and had VE's in the 130's without having a cam or FI of any kind because of some things I did to correct an IAT/ECT blend issue that GM has..I was tuning a part of the OS that really nobody else was tuning.....and it caused the need for more VE....
    -Scott -

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by soundengineer
    enzo..please check out the FAQ forum section...you will probably find a lot of your answers there..
    I did it but I did not find any info on why the diesel section of the help is not visible
    Quote Originally Posted by soundengineer
    ..and just becasue you dont see it on the list doesnt mean its not supported..sometimes it falls in line with something else and hasent been put on the list yet..so you can always mail sales@hptuners to find out if your vehicle is supported or will be supported in the future.
    Exactly!!! I think that HpTuners may not know about all the cars produced in the world by GM, so I supplied them all the info I have, from the workshop manual, because I think that if the protocols are the same then the software may be used. May be it can not be used to substitute the OS but it would be very useful for me also simply beeing able to change settings of the A/T and fuel injection parameters.

ciao
    Last edited by enzo; 03-12-2007 at 02:25 PM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by enzo
    I did it but I did not find any info on why the diesel section of the help is not visible
    correct it hasnt been added to the online help file as of yet...the definitions for each parameter ARE located within each calibration though as you can see by this screenshot. All tables have a description as well as a min/max limit.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    I am runing my VE table as a straight VE table and it has me pretty close to where I should be...