Thread: MPVI2 not recognized??? Won't connect. Why is it so hard to RMA support from HPTuners

Potential Tuner

Exclamation MPVI2 not recognized??? Won't connect. Why is it so hard to RMA support from HPTuners

HPtuners Support -

I bought a MPVI2+ pro w/credits from Summitracing and it seems i got a DOA unit that can't be added to my account. I've been trying to get issued resolved for over a week via emails with you (support) - request (#32074)....
    Why is it so hard to get RMA support???

I've provided the Invoice from Summitracing, pictures of the Unit and it's Box (per your own requirements on the website - see below)....
    Still you ask for more info from Summitracing they don't even claim to track - "I see you provided your receipt do you have any paperwork with the serial number on it from Summit?"?

Here is your "Product Warranties & Return Policy" per the website -
    https://www.hptuners.com/return-policy/

Limited Product Warranties & Return Policy
    Limited Product Warranties
    Interfaces and Hardware Components
    Duration: One (1) year from the date of purchase

Coverage: This limited one (1) year warranty only covers product defects caused by HP Tuners and is only redeemable within the original country or region of purchase by the original purchaser. This limited warranty does not extend to software or other digital products. To make a warranty claim, please provide your Proof of Purchase (original invoice and order number), device serial number (if applicable), Debug and Info logs, license file and photo evidence of defects to HP Tuners Support.

I got a Dyno / Custom Programing appointment scheduled for next week and you've left with a $800 paperweight?

Sorry for the public Rant about lack of Customer Service coming from Support, but I've been working on the issues for over 2 weeks in total with support.

Regards,
    Brian

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I'm sorry you're having troubles and we'd love to help you. Have you already opened up a support ticket? If so, do you have your ticket number so that we can review the status? If not, please open a support ticket here: https://support.hptuners.com
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    I just received the MPVI2+ yesterday and tried to register it to no avail...

Been going back and forth with Support TICKET # 33455 all day.

It went form what computer and windows version do you have?... to screenshots and photos... to finally being told that there are special drivers for Windows 7.

What was sent instead of new drivers was two links to this website:

<removed>

I was never told that I need a special email@hptuners to access the drivers... I spent the whole day going back and forth with this.
    I opened a dispute with paypal and we will see if you can get my unit working properly.

Time is money and so far mine is wasted.

Ivan

Ivan, we're looking into this for you.

Sorry about the confusion.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...