Thread: 2017 Mustang MAP only car EQ command really low at idle

Tuner in Training

2017 Mustang MAP only car EQ command really low at idle

Hey Everyone,

Got my fuel pump fixed and have started to work on correcting fueling and i cant see to figure out what is causing my idle to command super rich. I am using the gt500 info for my injectors as suggested by murphie and the car runs good minus the fueling at idle. stock spark tables, stock intake, stock throttle body and stock vct. Any ideas where is should start looking would be appreciated. Also dont hear a vacuum leak and spraying brake cleaner around intake doesnt cause car to stumble or anything

idle issue.hpl
    stock-17-v6-gt500data-3.hpt

Senior Tuner
    It's idling lean. The command is very rich to make up for it and get the sensors to read lambda 1.

9.5 or so MAP, shows you have good vacuum and very likely no leaks.

You have fixed your fuel pump so I assume you rail pressure is at 58psi.
    You could also have an exhaust leak.

Assuming everything mechanical is working. you can use the HPT SD calculator and add 15% to MP 0 rpm columns encompassing 500-1000. Have it recalculate the coefficients. Relog and see where your air load and fuel command/ trims at idle falls then.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by murfie View Post
    It's idling lean. The command is very rich to make up for it and get the sensors to read lambda 1.

Assuming everything mechanical is working. you can use the HPT SD calculator and add 15% to MP 0 rpm columns encompassing 500-1000. Have it recalculate the coefficients. Relog and see where your air load and fuel command/ trims at idle falls then.
    i fixed it. i had copied rail temp offset adjustment and it was causing issues. i set back to factory and its pulling fuel out everywhere now so im gonna dial it back. Especially in cooler temps im pulling 16% of fuel out. so im gonna multiply my cold rail temp table by .85 and see if that gets me close to 0 and adjust for each temp group to get them within 5% + or . My actual and commanded are now crossing over each other but im gonna fine tune the transport delay for my longtubes and it should be even more accurate. i added 30% to start as my tuning course suggested and now im gonna start pulling it back a little at a time till they are more spot on. my fuel trims now average between -2 and 5.9 in all areas minus idle where it pulls alot of fuel when its cold.. ill also work on mapped point 0 to get it even more dialed in.

Thank you for the awesome info your advice has helped alot especially on the injector info.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by murfie View Post

heres my end result that i think im gonna stop at. its idling far smoother now to.

21-12-12 09-46-20.hpl