Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Intake Manifold Absolute Pressure (SAE) reading is way way off

Well ... I must of done something wrong, because it still don't show actually intake manifold boost (above atmospheric pressure).

All I want is to see something like 7 or 8 PSI boost while at WOT in the top of the gear.

Senior Tuner
    may be because if u made one u now have two, delete yours and use the factory one under the airflow extension in the maths, its the same expression but having two of things can sometimes cause issues, also if still dosnt work post up a log so we can see whats going on

Learn to use the KPA that the MAP sensor displays. It makes more sense anyway, requires no math, and everything in the tune file is using the absolute pressure and not the Ye Olde Timey gauge pressure you are wanting to see. If you can get to intuitively know what the KPA absolute means your life will be a lot easier.

But, continue if you like. Bonus points if you can get the custom math to convert less-than-baro readings (vacuum) into inches of mercury and higher-than-baro (boost) into PSI.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for posting how to add a boost gauge to the scanner. I have a SC 3800