Thread: L67 Swap Need Help

Potential Tuner

L67 Swap Need Help

Just going to get right into it.
    1999 3.8l L67 out of a GTP swapped into a 1987 Pontiac Fiero with the factory 5spd Getrag 282. She runs and she can drive around the neighborhood, but her initial startup has problems.
    Got a pretty bad surge at idle as she warms up, never got her up to operating temps because of it, it's pretty bad.
    Mod list:
    MPS with a 3.2 on there
    S1x cam
    105# valve springs
    AP 104's gapped at 50
    60lb injectors
    Plogs and straight piped
    Currently running on 93 (initially was doing E85 but the idle surge was just as bad, switched to 93 to see if it made a difference. It didn't)
    AEM 340lph due to the stock pump of the Fiero not being able to feed a small family. Fuel pump is controlled by the PCM just fine as far as I can tell.
    I do have a Wideband in place and being logged.
    I'm certain I have everything wired correctly, but if there's any ideas of how I could of messed up, please let me know.

New MAF, new IAC, new ICM.

PCM was done by Intense, but it didn't even run when I got the PCM from them, so most of the tuning is done by myself, a total novice.
    Swap was also done entirely by me and some friends, none of us have done such a thing before, but here we are now with it almost working.

I have access to Tiny Tuner but not DHP, I have a creeping suspicion that it has to do with the IAC. I think my IAC steps get too low and then it fights over where it wants to be, but I'm no expert (and that's why I'm posting here).

Maybe I need to make changes to my IAC Airflow Offset vs Coolant temp vs Engine Run Time or my IAC Airflow Offset vs Gear vs RPM (as far as HPT is telling me, she's always in 1st gear).

Fall semester is over so I got a whole month to sit down and develop a receding hair line in my early 20s over this.
    Rip my tune apart and tell me everything I've done wrong, I won't know what to fix unless you do.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by FieroFlynn; 12-11-2021 at 11:59 AM. Reason: Uploaded wrong log. oops