Thread: Bad Fuel pump ?

Bad Fuel pump ?

Could really use some help on this.
    I have been struggling to tune this 5.3 Envoy trailblazer and have added some logs and tune file. Has terrible fuel mileage even when The VE tuned within 3%. Drives like only 1/3 of the pedal has power and just kind of does nothing giving it anymore gas. played with the torque values and it doesnt change anything. Fuel pressure good at 58lbs has the life time in tank fuel filter.
    Started over with the mostly factory tune but Maf failed for LTFT tuning to see how bad it is from factory. Does this look like a fuel delivery problem ? I can never hear my fuel pump running which is strange for a GM vehicle lol. WBO2 asking for lots of fuel and narrow bands drop pretty low under engine load.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by metalmanimal; 12-11-2021 at 04:15 PM.

Those trucks aren't known for their fuel mileage. I tuned one with a DoD delete and like a LS6 camshaft and getting 18-20 on the freeway was like the best it was going to do. Got 13-16 mpg with mostly city driving.

I didn't have to tune the VE much at all and kept the MAF working as well.

The fuel pressure channel will also always read 58psi if the vehicle doesn't have a fuel pump control module. But I don't know how you were reading your pressure.

The fuel trims are pretty good in that log, I don't see anything wrong with them. So I don't think it's a fuel pressure problem at part throttle and you didn't floor it in this log. The factory power enrichment delays are still there in that tune, lowering those settings may help it react quicker when you floor it. I'd also turn off burst knock and raise the torque limit vs rpm for each gear way up under the engine side torque mngt.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

I wish I could gey 13mpg out of this thing lol
    Thanks Ill try those out. I see some tunes have 610 in all the tip in tables and other tunes have it ramped up.