Thread: FPCM Flow Rate vs Pressure

Tuner in Training

FPCM Flow Rate vs Pressure

I installed a set of ID1050x injectors in my 2011 CTSV and performed the 50% scale/double stoich method for injector characterization using Injector Dynamics excel data for 'Flow Rate vs Pressure' recently.

I question the 'Flow Rate vs Press' table (6991) in the FPCM?

HP tuner posted a note in the lower left page for the FPCM (6991) that reads, "Duplicate of ECM table of the same name (ID 12307)." However, values are not the same?

FPCM: 2011-2012 CTSV
    SN: GA1901X00335LARV
    ?N/A flow rate max limit is 63.5lb/h.
    ?N/A column axis table is 128-640.

E67 ECM: 2011- CTSV
    SN: 86AAR9K303282TMG
    ?N/A flow rate value limit is 127lb/h.
    ?N/A column axis table is 128-768.

NOTE:
    The FPCM column axis IS scalable, the ECM column axis is NOT scalable.

Is there a later revision FPCM (6991) that allows higher flow rates to be entered similar to the ECM (12307) table?

See attached images for proposed work around to match the (6991) and (12307) tables. In this configuration will the 50% scaled ECM table have the same doubling effect on the FPCM table?

I am anxious to receive feed-back. Thank you in advance...
    Last edited by Kittyboy; 12-13-2021 at 09:27 AM. Reason: Add images

Tuner in Training

images

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyboy View Post
    I installed a set of ID1050x injectors in my 2011 CTSV and performed the 50% scale/double stoich method for injector characterization using Injector Dynamics excel data for 'Flow Rate vs Pressure' recently.

I question the 'Flow Rate vs Press' table (6991) in the FPCM?

HP tuner posted a note in the lower left page for the FPCM (6991) that reads, "Duplicate of ECM table of the same name (ID 12307)." However, values are not the same?

FPCM: 2011-2012 CTSV
    SN: GA1901X00335LARV
    ?N/A flow rate max limit is 63.5lb/h.
    ?N/A column axis table is 128-640.

E67 ECM: 2011- CTSV
    SN: 86AAR9K303282TMG
    ?N/A flow rate value limit is 127lb/h.
    ?N/A column axis table is 128-768.

NOTE:
    The FPCM column axis IS scalable, the ECM column axis is NOT scalable.

Is there a later revision FPCM (6991) that allows higher flow rates to be entered similar to the ECM (12307) table?

See attached images for proposed work around to match the (6991) and (12307) tables. In this configuration will the 50% scaled ECM table have the same doubling effect on the FPCM table?

I am anxious to receive feed-back. Thank you in advance...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Senior Tuner
    Didn't think you needed to double stoich for a set of 1000's in an e67???

The FPCM, before we had access to it that flow table was never changed and the cars ran fine.

Are you standard pump? If yes, you'll be right on the limit of it with those injectors.

Advanced Tuner
    Re-check your scaled flow rate data above 468KPa in your ECM table.

Sorry, I cannot answer your FPCM question.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by eXo3901 View Post
    Re-check your scaled flow rate data above 468KPa in your ECM table.

Sorry, I cannot answer your FPCM question.
    thank you, I scaled the ECM table with values to match the max values limitation of the FPCM? thanks for your feedback! Any tips about changing the N/A FPCM voltages? I figured that the ID1050x injectors were on the upper edge if staying with the N/A PWM system using DW300c pumps.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyboy View Post
    thank you, I scaled the ECM table with values to match the max values limitation of the FPCM? thanks for your feedback!
    I think your ECM flow rate table should have the correct data from ID entered. Scaled by your desired 50% and NOT capped to your FPCM table limitation.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by eXo3901 View Post
    I think your ECM flow rate table should have the correct data from ID entered. Scaled by your desired 50% and NOT capped to your FPCM table limitation.
    Thanks, I haven't logged anything yet with this change, I am curious to see if the numbers actually change? Based on current numbers with the ECM not scaled as you see, just the normal 50% scaling, I have never reached high into the flow ranges where the newer change would actually occur. I am still curious to see if having the values match, my PID numbers values record more accurately? My thought is with the current table and value differences between locations there may be PID values that get distorted?

Senior Tuner
    make sure the data for the injectors in the editor is correct, if they are scaled fuel wise it must be correct mathematically so airflow stays correct, scaling airflow is another kettle of fish to deal with dont recommend it unless u absolutely have to, leaving the fpcm IFR as is will be fine they dont have to be the same if the injectors are bigger, the e67 shouldnt need any scaling for 1000cc injectors for your boost level

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 07GTS View Post
    make sure the data for the injectors in the editor is correct, if they are scaled fuel wise it must be correct mathematically so airflow stays correct, scaling airflow is another kettle of fish to deal with dont recommend it unless u absolutely have to, leaving the fpcm IFR as is will be fine they dont have to be the same if the injectors are bigger, the e67 shouldnt need any scaling for 1000cc injectors for your boost level
    Thanks for the info, I have been just been multiplying the injector flow rate value x2 in the editor up to this point, wasn't aware that I could scale the value in editor? I did update the pulse width in the FPCM at the same time I updated the ECM. Does updating the FPCM injector pulse width make any difference? I recall N/A was 1.0, for the 1050x injectors it is 3.0 Thanks again

Senior Tuner
    make sure the data in the editor is correct for the injectors dont worry about the fpcm u can deal with it later only if u have too