Thread: Sector Times and Gap feature

Potential Tuner

Sector Times and Gap feature

Just doing a search it does look like its been requested (and developed in trackaddict) but not to sure the current state within RaceRender. Any update on a display for sector time and gap time?

What im trying to accomplish is display rolling sector times on a single video feed, as well the ability to compare sector times to give a gap analysis. Example would be a dual data compare project and one of the objects to be sector time compare. You can then provide the data from both data sources and see the gaps in each sector. would be awesome if it could calculate the gap on the fly per sector.

Data example
    Input
    Top Object = Sector 1 time (data source a)
    Rolling Gap (of current sector, a-b)
    Bottom Object = Sector 1 time (data source b)
    Lap Gap (combined all sectors)

Output
    Sector 1: 15.81 sec
    Sector Gap: -0.21 sec
    Sector 2: 16.02 sec
    Lap Delta: 2.1 sec

TIA
    Thanks

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by jantjo View Post
    Just doing a search it does look like its been requested (and developed in trackaddict) but not to sure the current state within RaceRender. Any update on a display for sector time and gap time?

What im trying to accomplish is display rolling sector times on a single video feed, as well the ability to compare sector times to give a gap analysis. Example would be a dual data compare project and one of the objects to be sector time compare. You can then provide the data from both data sources and see the gaps in each sector. would be awesome if it could calculate the gap on the fly per sector.

Data example
    Input
    Top Object = Sector 1 time (data source a)
    Rolling Gap (of current sector, a-b)
    Bottom Object = Sector 1 time (data source b)
    Lap Gap (combined all sectors)

Output
    Sector 1: 15.81 sec
    Sector Gap: -0.21 sec
    Sector 2: 16.02 sec
    Lap Delta: 2.1 sec

TIA
    Thanks
    We've been requesting the Sector Times for quite a while. I think there's hope that it will come in the next release, but we've been waiting a while...

I've kind of rolled my own so far. If you're doing circuit driving, then you can probably use something like this: Bar Graph - Time Delta.rro

I'm mainly doing autocross; so the estimated gap functionality doesn't really work for that. So, I'll use a spreadsheet like this one: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

It's really setup for autocross (e.g. I make a new line for each cone), but I think it would work well enough for a track setting too if you can find good reference points. To use it, you would change the time in B2 (current set to: "=1630771753.86+A2"; so change 1630771753.86 to the UTC time in your data file), and then just modify Column C to be the current time at the reference point, and Column D is the previous time at the reference point. You would then down it as a CSV and add it to the RaceRender input files.

I then use this gauge which is just set to the "Time Delta" field of the input: Bar Graph - Time Delta Field.rro

I also roll my own data file for the sector times to make that work, but that requires a lot more precision and exact values in the exact right places to make it work. I use a program to do most of that for me, and I'll try to get it working in format everyone can use at some point; but hopefully we'll just get that functionality here so that everyone can just use the Sector headings from TrackAddict as is.