Thread: Camaro e92 vs e92a

Camaro e92 vs e92a

Has anyone noticed a difference in how the engine runs between these two? At first I thought they were identical but noticing a smoother idle and other areas on the e92a car. Anyone else noticing this?
    Last edited by nicul15; 12-14-2021 at 10:17 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    The "E92A" is 2017 and newer only, which also uses newer software than the pre-2017 ECMs, so its possible there were OE software improvements that are responsible for the difference in idle quality.

You don't mention whether you've evaluated the SAME engine running with an E92 vs an E92A, and if you did, whether the two calibrations were from the same vehicle type, but this could affect the outcome of your test as well.

Potential Tuner
    I have a 2016 and have been comparing the calibration to the 2019-2021s. It does appear that some of the calibration parameters that changed could have affected idle among other things. I intend to copy over some of the updates that look useful and test. I?ll post if I notice an idle improvement.
    Anyone have any insight into changes in the software over the Camaro model years? My concern is any changes in the meaning or use of the calibration tables.