Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2020 Mustang GT Active Exhaust

sad to hear that, unfortunately I have the analog dash, so I don't have my mode. Eventually I'll upgrade the cluster and get that but its pricy and requires me not to move the car until the new one is installed.

You're the third person to note that these tables do nothing, honestly this feels a lot like a bug. Almost as if the tables aren't written or that the software is trying to write to registers that don't exist. I'm going to try and report it because either we're all missing something or this is just a massive bug.

I submitted at ticket with tons of details and images. This feels like a bug.

Tuner
    post your tune so i can have a look

Potential Tuner
    Did you write all or just write calibration? I wonder if that makes a difference

Two years after starting this thread I have finally solved it.
    The problem was that there are a few more AE-related tables in the PCM, which are not present in the HPtuners software.

This is what I see in a different tuning application:

Untitled.png

The green maps are the ones that we get in the VCM Editor, and which I had edited but didn't seem to work. There are ten maps, plus one table that defines the relationship between modes and maps (i.e. which map should be used in which mode). We know them. They're these ones:

Untitled1.png

Then we have the red maps, which are missing from HPtuners. These seem to define a desired position of the valves for each mode under certain circumstances. In my case the desired position in neutral and the desired position at idle were set too low. Even though in the VCM Editor I had set the valves to be 100% open in Normal mode at any rpm, they were only 60% open at idle because that's how the "idle" table (which I didn't see in the VCM Editor and didn't even know existed) happened to be set from the factory.

Now everything is working as it should. I'm finally happy.
    Last edited by Vlad Soare; 01-27-2024 at 05:01 AM.

Yeah HPT does not have those tables defined correctly. In you look at binary directly they are somehow coded differently.

Potential Tuner
    Hello, if i might ask how did you data log your active exhaust to check your opening? thank you.

No data logging. I'm a doubting Thomas. I needed to see the valves with my own eyes.
    I bought a cheap endoscope, inserted it into one of the tailpipes and took the car for a drive.