Thread: 2015 6.7 tune

2015 6.7 tune

Decided to drop some weight recently with my 2015 6.7(off road
    use only). And need some advice. Im NOT asking for a tune so I'm not breaking any rules. A neighbor down the street had his done and was nice enough to let me pull his tune. After doing so I compared the two. They are exactly the same. The tune was not of course, but all the rows and columns have the exact same scaling. They were built within the same month. I set to compare and copy over all the tuned areas, tab by tab, section by section. Engine and trans etc. I drop what i need to and then loaded the tune. As soon as it reboots it shows a problem with my DEF tank with the icon on the dash and a reduced power error. There are no codes however. I went through both tunes several times to see if i missed something and did not. It's exactly the same. My question is should I have loaded the tune FIRST?
    Im thinking that since it was taken off before the tune was loaded, it set a hard permanent code when I qent to load the new tune. I think I remember....now.....reading that the tune should be loaded beforehand to avoid problems like this. We have situationss like that with some gas engines. Also, I have no immediate plans to remove the EGR (my neighbor's is still on as well). Some of the info I've researched says you also have to disconnect the EGR. Is that accurate?
    Any guidance in this would be greatly appreciated.
    I always tune VVE....
    2016 C7 M7 Z51
    Callies ultra billet crank
    Callies ultra billet rods
    Diamond pistons
    Jhonson high speed lifters
    Ported and polished headwork
    Custom cam
    YSi-V7

The HPTuners doesn't have the emissions removal parameters and maps you need to change to make the truck happy with a diet. They aren't in HPT to copy over therefore you are still missing many parameters. You will need to buy a tune from somebody to accomplish what you are trying to do. PM me if you have any other questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Stroker View Post
    The HPTuners doesn't have the emissions removal parameters and maps you need to change to make the truck happy with a diet. They aren't in HPT to copy over therefore you are still missing many parameters. You will need to buy a tune from somebody to accomplish what you are trying to do. PM me if you have any other questions.
    When you say tune do you mean programmer?
    I always tune VVE....
    2016 C7 M7 Z51
    Diamond pistons
    Custom cam
    YSi-V7

Got it figured out.
    I always tune VVE....
    2016 C7 M7 Z51
    Diamond pistons
    Custom cam
    YSi-V7

Advanced Tuner
    Pm my just wondering what you found

Quote Originally Posted by Bill88stang View Post
    Pm my just wondering what you found

Nothing earth shattering.
    I went ahead and bought an SCT tuner. However based on the fact that I found out my neighbors F250 (see first post) was in fact SCT tuned, and I was able to pull it with no problems and his is on a diet. So I'm thinking that since the SCT has taken care of the emissions, I can pull the tune and make changes without effecting the emissions since HPT does not touch them.
    I always tune VVE....
    2016 C7 M7 Z51
    Diamond pistons
    Custom cam
    YSi-V7