Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2011 A4 Avant 2.0t/ZF8 TylerJDubbs'd

Tuner in Training
    The rev 3 file you posted has the ITR values back to the original values, but no other changes.

I had changed the values to the lower ones you had suggested a while back in regards to creating a smoother idle.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by DylanC View Post
    The rev 3 file you posted has the ITR values back to the original values, but no other changes.

I had changed the values to the lower ones you had suggested a while back in regards to creating a smoother idle.
    I’m adjusting boost in background with UDP on the substitute map

Tuner in Training
    Ahhh kk cool ty sir!

Do you recommend leaving the ITR values at the higher values? Idle feels smoother with the lower values in neutral, but idle with load in D or R is pretty rough.
    Last edited by DylanC; 01-02-2022 at 12:45 PM. Reason: Overwhelming grammatical irregularities

Advanced Tuner
    Ahhh kk cool ty sir!

Do you recommend leaving the ITR values at the higher values? Idle feels smoother with the lower values in neutral, but idle with load in D or R is pretty rough.
    Tune it to suit your car, my car is manual so the process was different because I’m always in neutral if clutch in

Tuner in Training
    ahhh true that. I'll log with the original values and to see the differences.

Thanks!

Tuner in Training
    New 3rd gear log from today.

-10 celcius... so Vanti is pretty happy, and was deep into boostville haha

A bit of hesitation, but I think a coilpack is going out. Forgot to mention plugs are 10k old NGK BKR7EIX @ stock gap.

3rdNew3.hpl

Advanced Tuner
    New 3rd gear log from today.

-10 celcius... so Vanti is pretty happy, and was deep into boostville haha

A bit of hesitation, but I think a coilpack is going out. Forgot to mention plugs are 10k old NGK BKR7EIX @ stock gap.

3rdNew3.hpl
    Looks great +220G's and 18* not much more to gain, no logged misfires, but you could numb out the P-Gain ([ECM] 14812) around the 2200-3800rpm range might help with the boost staying on target

DylanC-Rev3.png

Tuner in Training
    Nice that's awesome to hear. Log looked good to me compared to the previous. Definitely pretty quick feeling for a 4000lbs wagon lol

I'll play with 14812 asap... Thanks bud!

Advanced Tuner
    Nice that's awesome to hear. Log looked good to me compared to the previous. Definitely pretty quick feeling for a 4000lbs wagon lol

I'll play with 14812 asap... Thanks bud!
    pickup a can of boostane pro or hit up FT86 in limoges and get E85 blended with 94 to make E40-50 pay me for a race file and you'll be in the 12's XD

Tuner in Training
    Haha that does sound tempting. I'm building a STK setup for the 135i currently to come out in the spring... so maybe Vanti is quick enough like this for a DD lol!

LMK if interested in the bonus I offered for this tune also

Tuner in Training
    I filled up with Shell 91 the other day. Logged a 3rd gear pull, and a "launch" tonight haha

I also logged decel to make a pops N bangs tune cause I had no idea where to adjust the decel spark... makes more sense now I think. Didn't attach that log cause I'm sure you don't want to be bothered with that nonsense lmaoaooao

3New.hpl

Launch.hpl

Advanced Tuner
    I filled up with Shell 91 the other day. Logged a 3rd gear pull, and a "launch" tonight haha

I also logged decel to make a pops N bangs tune cause I had no idea where to adjust the decel spark... makes more sense now I think. Didn't attach that log cause I'm sure you don't want to be bothered with that nonsense lmaoaooao

3New.hpl

Launch.hpl
    Still looks pretty good even on 91, a bit of KR which is to be expected

Tuner in Training
    Yea it seems pretty consistent, and is a lot of fun. Going to try doing a tune soon from my stock file I reckon.

Thanks again fella you're the man

Advanced Tuner
    Yea it seems pretty consistent, and is a lot of fun. Going to try doing a tune soon from my stock file I reckon.

Thanks again fella you're the man
    Let me know if you want UDP changes to that file before you start

Advanced Tuner
    Also HPT JUST added some of my UDP so you can tweak on your own!

UDPNEW.png

Tuner in Training

Thumbs up

Damn! That's really cool man.... being that guy the community needs haha. Much respecttttt

I was wondering what was new when VCME said there was an update with new UDP. I couldn't figure out how to see the differences between the VCME I updated from.... if that even possible.

I need to wrap my head around the ECM side of tuning and start playing around. It's daunting, but no excuse with legends like you helping people out on here

Tuner in Training
    Mr Wizard Tyler good sir. I'm starting a tune asap, and did a log tonight on 94 to see how Vanti was running.

Wanted to know what you thought about this log, and if there is things I should look out for to prevent what is happening.

Pulled a few gears, did some decel, and then did some pulls again. The log looks pretty hectic near the end haha

nnnnnew.hpl

Advanced Tuner
    Mr Wizard Tyler good sir. I'm starting a tune asap, and did a log tonight on 94 to see how Vanti was running.

Wanted to know what you thought about this log, and if there is things I should look out for to prevent what is happening.

Pulled a few gears, did some decel, and then did some pulls again. The log looks pretty hectic near the end haha

nnnnnew.hpl
    have you tried raising [ECM] 14917 - DI Start of Injection Homogeneous 1st Pulse Maximum? seems to be running out of injection angle.

you could also just raise HPFP request in the higher RPM's [ECM] 15299 - DI Desired Fuel Rail Pressure (Homogeneous) and variants. I have lowered it for wider injection angle and better mixture formation

Tuner in Training
    OK cool thanks for the advice. I'll try it out!