Thread: Big Cam 5.3 Dies With A/C

Tuner in Training

Big Cam 5.3 Dies With A/C

Hey guys ive been working on this cammed 5.3 and have promblems with it wanting to die and dieing with a/c on heres a data log and tune21-12-16 19-12-34.hplac fix 2.hpt

Tuner in Training
    needs more base running airflow

Quote Originally Posted by Stock5.0 View Post
    Hey guys ive been working on this cammed 5.3 and have promblems with it wanting to die and dieing with a/c on heres a data log and tune21-12-16 19-12-34.hplac fix 2.hpt
    What size is the Cam
    What have you done in the Tune? Idle air (as mentioned above) seems stock. Idle timing seems stock, but its adding all it can to keep it running.
    2011 Camaro 2SS Convertible L99 Bone Stock for now
    2003 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins QC 4x4. Airaid, 2nd Gen Intake, Grid Heater Delete, D-Tech 62/65/12, Magnaflow. Bully Dog: Propane Injection, Triple Dog W/Outlook Crazy Larry. Edge EZ, BD Flow-Max, 48RE: Sonnax Sure Cure/Transgo combination, Derale turbulator, billet input, Triple Disc, Super servo, 4 ring Accumulator. :beer

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by dhoagland View Post
    What size is the Cam
    What have you done in the Tune? Idle air (as mentioned above) seems stock. Idle timing seems stock, but its adding all it can to keep it running.
    We dont know the size of the cam truck was bought with out knowing cam size so far ive calculated the ve and raised idle changed cranking ve how would i go about editing running air flow should i add or subtract?

Senior Tuner
    You're currently in SD mode. I'd switch it back to run on the MAF if it were me. But, either way, here's a quick synopsis of the steps that will get it running.

1. Go to Engine>Idle>Airflow tables and add 3.5 gms/sec to the Airflow Final Min table
    2. Go to Engine>Idle>Airflow and increase the startup airflow by 25%.
    3. Go to Engine Diag>Airflow tab and change Min ECT for P0101 to 256, and change Airflow Correlation RPM from 800 to 8000.
    4. Go to Engine Diag>Misfire tab and change Min misfire detection enable to 2500 rpm.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin87turbot View Post
    You're currently in SD mode. I'd switch it back to run on the MAF if it were me. But, either way, here's a quick synopsis of the steps that will get it running.

1. Go to Engine>Idle>Airflow tables and add 3.5 gms/sec to the Airflow Final Min table
    2. Go to Engine>Idle>Airflow and increase the startup airflow by 25%.
    3. Go to Engine Diag>Airflow tab and change Min ECT for P0101 to 256, and change Airflow Correlation RPM from 800 to 8000.
    4. Go to Engine Diag>Misfire tab and change Min misfire detection enable to 2500 rpm.
    Okay ill give that a try and let you Know on the outcome Thank you