450 walbro fuel pump
    LS1 stock heads
    high volume oil pump
    push rods
    dual spring
    LS7 lifters
    MSD spark plug wires
    --------------------------------------------

this was my try to tune it in SD ... and i want the best choose for it if SD or 1 bar enhanced .. for race and desert ... i have AEM Electronics 30-0334 in Air/Fuel Ratio Gauges but it i dont know how to add in scanner .. i hope can get help in it too .. ty
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by mr.joker; 12-16-2021 at 10:37 PM.

Cylinder Volume is wrong and Injector data seem to be off, I believe they should match this Tune file.
    All green in the injector screen shot are different from yours and I think you need to copy them if you have 36lb factory injectors.

If your AEM is obd2 you should be able to click add channels, go to AEM, open it, double click and it should be good to go (not 100% sure, I have AFR500 through MPVI)

After you get your AEM reading in the channels you can build a graph and get an AFR error and start adjusting

Just noticed your intake air temp is -38
    I'm assuming your MAF is unplugged?
    Last edited by dhoagland; 12-17-2021 at 03:22 PM. Reason: Added Comment
    2011 Camaro 2SS Convertible L99 Bone Stock for now
    2003 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins QC 4x4. Airaid, 2nd Gen Intake, Grid Heater Delete, D-Tech 62/65/12, Magnaflow. Bully Dog: Propane Injection, Triple Dog W/Outlook Crazy Larry. Edge EZ, BD Flow-Max, 48RE: Sonnax Sure Cure/Transgo combination, Derale turbulator, billet input, Triple Disc, Super servo, 4 ring Accumulator. :beer

i was try make car in SD without MAF ... some friend said this good for OL ... but i dont know if this good or no .. i look for help to tune my car with better OS .. and i dont know from where get data for my injc i look and make search alot for it but i didnt found this data for it to change in editor .. i will try this file now and see what will happen .. but for my car with my file i tried to make car cant start up without i i give race ... coz with only switch it keep off .. rpm go up then get down again and car off

If you still have the MAF, plug it in. You have it disabled in your Tune File...
    That way it will still read the Intake Air Temp.

You can try this if you want
    It is your file with Changes:
    Injectors to 36lbs
    Added Idle air flow to get it running
    Added Idle Timing to get it running
    Changed Idle steps in an attempt to account for your Throttle body
    Last edited by dhoagland; 12-17-2021 at 05:22 PM.
    2003 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins QC 4x4. Airaid, 2nd Gen Intake, Grid Heater Delete, D-Tech 62/65/12, Magnaflow. Bully Dog: Propane Injection, Triple Dog W/Outlook Crazy Larry. Edge EZ, BD Flow-Max, 48RE: Sonnax Sure Cure/Transgo combination, Derale turbulator, billet input, Triple Disc, Super servo, 4 ring Accumulator. :beer

111.JPG

this AEM it show like and lock with key .. idk what is that .. and when i make scan it gone from channel

and about MAF yes i have it in car but i disable in tune file if u can make it work again i will be so much thanks and my IAT its not plugged in ... its disable from car at all wire cut off coz my old tune was without IAT but i want know from you if u can to make it enable in my tune file plz .. ty dhoagland
    Last edited by mr.joker; 12-17-2021 at 06:34 PM.

It seems others are having trouble with the Wideband disappearing.
    Do you have the "Pro Features"?
    Might try to resync your MPVI... Then before starting a log repoll parameters

Here are 2 versions of your file
    One has MAF in Open loop
    One has MAF in Closed loop

i dont have pro features

ty bro i will try write now and see

dh i have MPVI2+ and AEM 30-334 only ,... and my car model is 2003 .. i need pro features for make wideband work in scanner ????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozJz-pNFCuo
    Oops. Just saw that you have a 2003. The 0334 is for CAN bus. You will need pro features.
    Last edited by TheMechanic; 12-18-2021 at 09:01 PM.

so what wideband is for 1997 to 2007 ... i can change wideband mybe ... or better get pro features ??

this file u give me dh .. and 2 try with it

idk if i have problem with O2 (SAE) B1

and about Timing advance is it good ?

also why i dont see any knock retard and keep give all 0 in graph

and idk for IAT why keep give me 140

about STFT+LTFT .. and STFT in graph can u check them plz ??

if you need more graph for i add tell me bro .. and ty at all

if i miss any channel too .. tell me

ty for all who help me to tune my car

17-12-2021 -mod_dh_OL_MAF.hpt
    17-12-2021 -mod_dh_OL_MAF with 100% TB.hpl
    17-12-2021 -mod_dh_OL_MAF with 100% TB 2.hpl
    Last edited by mr.joker; 12-18-2021 at 11:45 PM.

With out your Wideband you really need to go with the closed loop tune to use the o2 feedback to adjust airflow model (LTFT + STFT error).
    Obviously your o2 sensors will need to be working properly.

I think the Tune has too much base air flow and timing is probably a little high, but since it seems to be idling on its own I don't want to mess with anything until you can get a good error log.

idk if i have problem with O2 (SAE) B1
    Need to verify both operate correctly, should read .450V Key on Engine off

also why i dont see any knock retard and keep give all 0 in graph
    If sensors are reading correct, there is no logged KR... This can be checked later

and idk for IAT why keep give me 140
    Need to verify wiring. Then Key on engine off (first thing in the morning) it should be very close to engine coolant temp..This also needs fixed before you can really dial things in

about STFT+LTFT .. and STFT in graph can u check them plz ??
    Really I'm not sure were the reading for fuel trims are coming from because the o2's seem dead... Ignore these until you get good data (Run Closed Loop Tune or get your wideband reading
    Last edited by dhoagland; 12-19-2021 at 11:48 AM.

For your Wideband it looks like you need to get the Pro Link+ (based on advise from "The Mechanic" and "5FDP")...
    Looking at the AEM 334 Manual and Assuming the wiring for the Pro Link & Pro Link+ are the same here is what I think you need to do for analog input (I see both the AEM & HP offer serial input, but I've never worked with that).

https://www.hptuners.com/product/pro-link-plus/

Wire the Pro Link Blue or Red (your choice) to the AEM plug A PIN 9 White wire
    I think you need the Pro Link black wire to the AEM plug A PIN 2 Black wire (ground wire, if plug B has a ground, that should work too)

For the attachment save it to your computer. Lets use: Documents>HP Tuners>Scanner>Channel configs>.

For your scanner
    ----Add Channels>External Inputs>Pro Link>MPVI2>Double click (red or blue depending on how you wired it above) Close Window, channel should be added....
    ----Right Click on Channel (just added)>Transform>User Defined>Click on the folder icon at top of window (called open transform)>Find the attachment you saved into your channel config folder (mine automatically opened it where I saved it)
    ---Double click the attachment>That should populate a user defined wideband that I made based on the info from AEM334 user manual
    ---You should now be ready to log

With some of the unknows (offsets and stuff) I would still like to see you get things squared away with o2 sensors, then go to wideband. Then if everything is right they should be real close in the readings and you will know it is configured correctly
    Last edited by dhoagland; 12-19-2021 at 03:49 PM. Reason: added link

for now i go CL file that u send me already and i get some data .. also i fixed O2 B1 and B2 in home was old wire and i change it

now i got alot misfire in some cylinders u can check out

about wideband i still no make it coz still need Pro link + and Pro Feature Set mybe later i will buy them until get money

but without i get AEM work i cant tune my car correctly ???

my IAC 165 engine off .. this too high i think .. i should open TB little ??
    Last edited by mr.joker; 12-20-2021 at 06:19 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Joker, get a USB to Serial adapter and add channel from External Inputs> Serial Port> AEM Eq ratio. Then right click AEM channel in list >Transform the WB AEM Lambda AFR gasoline 14.7
    The USB adapter is about $12-20. If you are going to tune a lot of cars then I would go with the Pro link and upgrade the MPVI2 firmware for $250.
    The WB needs the analog cable if you didn't get it when you bought it. I believe that one comes standard with the CAN Bus interface. The WB will need the cable to wire in either Prolink or the USB adapter.
    You are logging tooooo many channels. The bandwidth can only handle about 25 channels. Pick a section to work on and only load those channels. You are DBC TB right? Are you running a returnless or FPR fuel rail? Do you have ECM controlling the E-fans? The tune file is not in MAF only mode.
    Log a cold start idle reaching 180* or better then let it just idle for another 45 seconds. Lets take a look at the IAC count and see what you need next. CL is fine. Gen 4 injectors do not migrate directly to Gen 3 fuel injector data.
    Last edited by Hondaeater; 12-20-2021 at 07:43 AM. Reason: more to say..

Quote Originally Posted by mr.joker View Post
    for now i go CL file that u send me already and i get some data .. also i fixed O2 B1 and B2 in home was old wire and i change it

now i got alot misfire in some cylinders u can check out

about wideband i still no make it coz still need Pro link + and Pro Feature Set mybe later i will buy them until get money

but without i get AEM work i cant tune my car correctly ???

my IAC 165 engine off .. this too high i think .. i should open TB little ??
    First thing you need to do is get that Air Intake Temperature Sensor Working (reading -38)....
    As it sits now you will not go into closed loop until the engine coolant temp is 185 and I'm sure it is messing with fueling and timing.

I still don't think your o2 sensors are reading, they never budge from .450 I'll check mine later (see if they read even in Open Loop start up, which I believe should max out voltage due to rich start up commanded AFR).

Until you can get your MAF and VE tables dialed in I don't think I would worry about idle tuning. As I stated before I believe your base air flow and Timing are high, but that was just to get it running and idling on its own

Great advise below on the Serial Cable.
    Nice idle Chart layout, but my opinion you have lots to do before you dial idle (my opinion)

Here is a basic chart and channel config to focus on MAF and VE error to get started. Where The Channels are SAE I know a lot of people suggest using vehicle specific if available.

As mentioned below the Tune is not MAF ONLY, it is MAF Enabled

Quote Originally Posted by Hondaeater View Post
    Joker, get a USB to Serial adapter and add channel from External Inputs> Serial Port> AEM Eq ratio. Then right click AEM channel in list >Transform the WB AEM Lambda AFR gasoline 14.7
    The USB adapter is about $12-20. If you are going to tune a lot of cars then I would go with the Pro link and upgrade the MPVI2 firmware for $250.
    The WB needs the analog cable if you didn't get it when you bought it. I believe that one comes standard with the CAN Bus interface. The WB will need the cable to wire in either Prolink or the USB adapter.
    You are logging tooooo many channels. The bandwidth can only handle about 25 channels. Pick a section to work on and only load those channels. You are DBC TB right? Are you running a returnless or FPR fuel rail? Do you have ECM controlling the E-fans? The tune file is not in MAF only mode.
    Log a cold start idle reaching 180* or better then let it just idle for another 45 seconds. Lets take a look at the IAC count and see what you need next. CL is fine. Gen 4 injectors do not migrate directly to Gen 3 fuel injector data.
    i have AEM 30-0334 with CAN Bus i bought with it already

also i have MPVI2+ but didnt get pro features

my TB is cable yes if this what u ask for and i have FPR fuel rail

i dont have ECM controlling the E-fan today i hope will make pin for them in PCM

Log a cold start idle reaching 180* or better then let it just idle for another 45 seconds sorry i didnt get this bro .. what u mean ??

i back file OL again and i use channel that u send to me with lil change in idle base point and roll to 850 from 900 rpm
    Last edited by mr.joker; 12-21-2021 at 06:14 AM.

Advanced Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by mr.joker View Post
    i have AEM 30-0334 with CAN Bus i bought with it already Use https://www.speedwaymotors.com/AEM-3...00,402859.html cable, I can confirm it works with your WB AEM X series controller and you can get the HPtuner upgrade + prolink OR use the USB to Serial adapter plugged into the laptop to get the data into the VCM scanner. I know some laptops do not have enough USB ports and that may be an issue if you do not have 2 ports. Need 1 for HPtuner MPVI2+ interface and 1 for Serial adapter. Bluetooth may be an option for HPtuner logging if only 1 port.

also i have MPVI2+ but didnt get pro features You can use this AEM I have it too and use the USB to Serial adapter. Read above.

my TB is cable yes if this what u ask for and i have FPR fuel rail Your fuel injector flow rate is set for Returnless not FPR.

i dont have ECM controlling the E-fan today i hope will make pin for them in PCM Wondered why the cooling fan airflow was so high. Stock settings usually work fine, and you are not even using the pins to control them so why they are adjusted?

Log a cold start idle reaching 180* or better then let it just idle for another 45 seconds sorry i didnt get this bro .. what u mean ?? You idle when engine has sat overnight and it is a cold engine. Start and let it idle until the 180* ECT has been reached then another minute or 2. This is needed to evaluate the BRA and the IAC count error. You need to use the TB set screw to adjust the cable stop. Your IAC count is too high. The log almost got to the 180* but was cut short. I do not know why you logged key on engine off. Please explain?

i back file OL again and i use channel that u send to me with lil change in idle base point and roll to 850 from 900 rpm
    You are in OL but no WB reporting to know if fuel is correct. It is not because it is set to return-less so any adjustments were wrong.

I recommend going back to CL and use LTFT + STFT to tune. You need correct injector data. You need to adjust the set screw on TB, look under the tab that stops the cable part on returning after opening the throttle. You can see the throttle stop has little screw threads sticking up from the stop, that is going to need to come up more. The set screw head is under that tab and you need to raise it which opens the TB blade some at idle. Watch in scanner to get IAC position to around 30-40 counts. It is hard to reach right by the belt and I turn off the motor then adjust the setscrew then restart allowing > 90 seconds to idle before evaluating the IAC count. You should return the IAC Steps vs Effective area in tune file to stock settings before attempting the IAC count correction. Someone has already adjusted the Effective area before getting your IAC count in line. It will need adjustment but not until the IAC count correction. The LTFT and STFT are not in the channels list. Work on 1 thing at a time since the Gen 3 slows the data so much it becomes useless if too many channels are logging at 1 time.
    Please post the original tune file.

Quote Originally Posted by Hondaeater View Post
    You are in OL but no WB reporting to know if fuel is correct. It is not because it is set to return-less so any adjustments were wrong.

I recommend going back to CL and use LTFT + STFT to tune. You need correct injector data. You need to adjust the set screw on TB, look under the tab that stops the cable part on returning after opening the throttle. You can see the throttle stop has little screw threads sticking up from the stop, that is going to need to come up more. The set screw head is under that tab and you need to raise it which opens the TB blade some at idle. Watch in scanner to get IAC position to around 30-40 counts. It is hard to reach right by the belt and I turn off the motor then adjust the setscrew then restart allowing > 90 seconds to idle before evaluating the IAC count. You should return the IAC Steps vs Effective area in tune file to stock settings before attempting the IAC count correction. Someone has already adjusted the Effective area before getting your IAC count in line. It will need adjustment but not until the IAC count correction. The LTFT and STFT are not in the channels list. Work on 1 thing at a time since the Gen 3 slows the data so much it becomes useless if too many channels are logging at 1 time.
    Please post the original tune file.

so without i have WB i should go CL to tune my car from O2 sensor .. right ?

my injector is same as 2007 Chevrolet Silverado i will make pic for them later for code in them coz idk how to get data for them ..sry im new in tune and ty for u guys to learn me

about screw TB i will check later for it

IAC in scanner get 30 after engine work around 8 +/- min it get down but when engine off switch on it read around 285 ... i will add LTFT
    and STFT later and make record for u ... i dont have dyno i make tune in street lol

bro i was tuned car in garage her in Dubai after i get new cam and piston so said to my self that i wanna try tune it by my self so i bought HP tuner and WB AEM 30-0334 .. so their is no original file to make car work i will put file that came with car after tuner guy remove his file and put stock one but i try to switch car on but is not work

this is why i try to tune car from zero like came without file

Quote Originally Posted by dhoagland View Post
    Yes... Without a Wideband you need to run Closed Loop and use your o2 sensors to adjust airflow maps

The Tune files I gave you have the injector data changed based on 36lb injectors from a 2007 Silverado 6.0
    Do you have the injector part numbers or the vehicle they came from? If so I can check to see if what I did was correct

I think IAC is fine for now (judging from your logs) the commanded vs desired matches.
    ok so i go back for CL to now until i get WB work ... i will get number of injector part for u

about IAC they match yes but i think they too much high i think idk if this right or no .. coz i see some comment that said it should be from 40 - 70

and mine around 200++ ... also i fix my IAT did u see it ? yesterday was around 7 hour in car try fix all wiring in car .. tomorrow i will check more coz now is 10 pm and i dont have garage i work in yard without cover and its really cold lol ..