Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: help tune my car

Quote Originally Posted by mr.joker View Post
    ok so i go back for CL to now until i get WB work ... i will get number of injector part for u

about IAC they match yes but i think they too much high i think idk if this right or no .. coz i see some comment that said it should be from 40 - 70

and mine around 200++ ... also i fix my IAT did u see it ? yesterday was around 7 hour in car try fix all wiring in car .. tomorrow i will check more coz now is 10 pm and i dont have garage i work in yard without cover and its really cold lol ..
    Sounds good
    Yes I agree your steps are too much. But for me it is now starting and idling on its own so for a "Start up Tune" its okay. Your desired idle rpm vs actual is really close as well as your timing. You desired airflow vs actual is off but not by much.

If you want to adjust your steps before moving on it will not hurt anything at all.
    The attached file is your closed loop file I sent you with the Original IAC vs Steps table put back. With this one you can follow Hondaeater's direction to get your steps dialed in.
    2011 Camaro 2SS Convertible L99 Bone Stock for now
    2003 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins QC 4x4. Airaid, 2nd Gen Intake, Grid Heater Delete, D-Tech 62/65/12, Magnaflow. Bully Dog: Propane Injection, Triple Dog W/Outlook Crazy Larry. Edge EZ, BD Flow-Max, 48RE: Sonnax Sure Cure/Transgo combination, Derale turbulator, billet input, Triple Disc, Super servo, 4 ring Accumulator. :beer

Here is a write up given to me awhile back... See along with your step target there is also a voltage range to stay within

On DBC setups, the closed throttle body blade position must be calibrated prior to any real idle tuning.
    This is accomplished by monitoring the TPS voltage as well as IAC Position and adjusting the setscrew to produce
    60-80 steps for stock or 40-60 steps for larger aftermarket cams. This calibration is done with engine at
    operating temperature. The TPS voltage should not exceed .8 to 1.0 volts. If it does, then you will have to
    increase the size of the throttle blade hole(s) and calibrate again.
    After each adjustment, perform a TPS reset. Turn off the engine and remove the TPS/IAC connector from the
    throttle body, turn the key to the ON position for 30 seconds, then key off and re-attach the TPS/IAC connector.
    When you restart the engine, your TPS% should be 0%, your TPS(v) less than .8 volts (preferably like .4 to .5
    volts…some larger cams just will not let you go this low….) and you IAC counts should be at your full operating
    temperature target of 40 to 60 steps. If you don’t get the results above, then try the procedure one more time
    and see if it gets better. If not, then more setscrew (if you are within the TPS(v) limit of .8 volts) adjustment is
    needed or if voltage is exceeded, then the hole must be increased.
    2003 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins QC 4x4. Airaid, 2nd Gen Intake, Grid Heater Delete, D-Tech 62/65/12, Magnaflow. Bully Dog: Propane Injection, Triple Dog W/Outlook Crazy Larry. Edge EZ, BD Flow-Max, 48RE: Sonnax Sure Cure/Transgo combination, Derale turbulator, billet input, Triple Disc, Super servo, 4 ring Accumulator. :beer

Advanced Tuner
    DH That procedure is mostly correct but having the IAC count closer to 30-40 regardless of cam allows the IAC authority to function. The TPS voltage must remain below .76v, I doubt that will be an issue with a 102mm TB. If IAC is set correct the idle adaptive controls will usually line up with the stock calibration settings. Some big cams need adjustment but not until you sort this IAC out first. "IF" you have adaptive issues THEN fix them.

The fuel injectors are not characterized for FPR fuel rail.

If o2 sensor B1S1 is still not reporting ( I thought it got fixed?) that needs to be FIXED FIRST or run OL to adjust the IAC. Having 1 bank over fuel while trying to set the IAC will not work out. The idle desired is about 20 lb/hr off at 151* but it is way off at colder ECT. The BRA table is set 82.5 lb/hr from 68* up. That is over 40lb/hr off at cooler temp.
    Yes the idle is able to run.
    Joker the injector number will help. If the IAC is not corrected it can cause driving issues from throttle cracker and follower air contributions and could stall or cause idle hang. Not something you want when in an intersection and may be unsafe when trying to tune the fuel tables. Again the IAC, injectors, and O2 sensor need to be sorted out before tuning any further without a WB IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Hondaeater View Post
    DH That procedure is mostly correct but having the IAC count closer to 30-40 regardless of cam allows the IAC authority to function. The TPS voltage must remain below .76v, I doubt that will be an issue with a 102mm TB. If IAC is set correct the idle adaptive controls will usually line up with the stock calibration settings. Some big cams need adjustment but not until you sort this IAC out first. "IF" you have adaptive issues THEN fix them.

The fuel injectors are not characterized for FPR fuel rail.

If o2 sensor B1S1 is still not reporting ( I thought it got fixed?) that needs to be FIXED FIRST or run OL to adjust the IAC. Having 1 bank over fuel while trying to set the IAC will not work out. The idle desired is about 20 lb/hr off at 151* but it is way off at colder ECT. The BRA table is set 82.5 lb/hr from 68* up. That is over 40lb/hr off at cooler temp.
    Yes the idle is able to run.
    Joker the injector number will help. If the IAC is not corrected it can cause driving issues from throttle cracker and follower air contributions and could stall or cause idle hang. Not something you want when in an intersection and may be unsafe when trying to tune the fuel tables. Again the IAC, injectors, and O2 sensor need to be sorted out before tuning any further without a WB IMO
    Agreed
    I think you are correct on to needing to start with a complete known stock file. When I was returning the Idle steps to original I saw a lot of other stuff in the follower, Cracker, ETC... that don't seem to be stock either.

My original Tune was a Total guess just to get it going.
    After reading through that procedure and your comments I believe it does make sense to get the steps correct.

Appreciate you stepping in, I never pass an opportunity to learn.
    Last edited by dhoagland; 12-21-2021 at 06:31 PM. Reason: reword

Advanced Tuner
    There is so many things changed in the read first file to car 1 Nov 2021 file VS. 17-12-2021 -mod that I would start over. If you are new to tuning then who made these changes and WHY? I am always open to learn something new and hope whoever made changes can explain them

There is so many things changed in the read first file to car 1 Nov 2021 file VS. 17-12-2021 -mod that I would start over. If you are new to tuning then who made these changes and WHY? I am always open to learn something new and hope whoever made changes can explain them
    my car was tuned my one guy here in Dubai after that i changed my cam and injector and get 6.0 with big TB 102mm and some other thing so engine no work like before and should be tune again ... so i back car for that guy to to back my stock file in it before tune and i bought MPVI2+ to tune it and learn how by my self ... and when i read file i get that file 1 Nov 2021 after that i read some friend car and get some file from them already they have swap cars coz in Dubai they use a lot swap cars 4x4 like in Australia for off road .. later i send and put my car here to show you guys .. and i use some file to make car work and i put my file from editor here and scanner and dhoagland make some change in it with injector and other idle depend in my logged file from scanner to make car work only ... this is why u see alot change in files .. coz stock file is for Yokn car .. u can see my first post #1 to see what my car have in it

my car was tuned my one guy here in Dubai after that i changed my cam and injector and get 6.0 with big TB 102mm and some other thing so engine no work like before and should be tune again ... so i back car for that guy to to back my stock file in it before tune and i bought MPVI2+ to tune it and learn how by my self ... and when i read file i get that file 1 Nov 2021 after that i read some friend car and get some file from them already they have swap cars coz in Dubai they use a lot swap cars 4x4 like in Australia for off road .. later i send and put my car here to show you guys .. and i use some file to make car work and i put my file from editor here and scanner and dhoagland make some change in it with injector and other idle depend in my logged file from scanner to make car work only ... this is why u see alot change in files .. coz stock file is for Yokn car .. u can see my first post #1 to see what my car have in it
    Got it.
    You can keep going with a Tune that has it running. Get all systems working and all parameters logging and go from there. Once you get some base numbers and rough in the air flow, it might be a good idea to take that and put into a complete stock file.

Do you think you will have some logs tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by dhoagland View Post
    Got it.
    You can keep going with a Tune that has it running. Get all systems working and all parameters logging and go from there. Once you get some base numbers and rough in the air flow, it might be a good idea to take that and put into a complete stock file.

Do you think you will have some logs tonight?

i use CL file some time and OL other time to see what different but with OL file i get in WB reading 18 - 20 AFR from WB directly read on gage i need know how to fix this lean reading in WB from editor and where i must go to make 14.7- 15.3 AFR

in CL file ORGI that you send me too i get same 18-20 AFR ... so should this be fixed ... and i really want know how u change this tables in editor and depend in what u make this number ...

i hope i can get ur numbers in whatsapp guys that we make group or discord group for we talk more

Advanced Tuner
    Until you fix the injector flow rate for FPR you should not adjust the MAF or VE tables. Air Mass / target AFR = Fuel Mass. If you have the wrong injector fuel flow in the Flow rate vs kPa and it is dynamic as it is in your table right now which is for a returnless system, you will not get the fueling correct. It is the holidays and won't be able to help on this one but you need to start with injector flow rate corrected, then O2 sensors if running CL.
    USB to Serial adapter will allow you to get the WB into the scanner.
    +Add channel from External inputs>> serial port >> "YOUR" WB>> select EQ ratio. Add another channel... Fuel >> Commanded/desired>> Equivalence ratio commanded. NOW close the add channel list.

You right click "YOUR" WB EQ ratio channel in list and select transform>> expand +AF Ratio>>Select Lambda gasoline 14.7 This only transforms the voltage reading into an EQ ratio. Use WB and in tune Engine>Fuel>Ox Sensor>Closed loop enable> make table 280*
    Create a Graph. Maths>Lambda&AFR> EQ Ratio error
    You must check the Column axis Parameter Mass air frequency matches your table. Copy it from editor by rt click and copy column axis in editor then paste into scanner for labels. Do same for VE make sure rpm label is correct. MAP row axis copy editor VE row axis labels and paste into scanner labels.
    Hope this helps, Good luck.

Hondaeater
    For his injectors I'm assuming FPR means an external regulator but the rail is returnless. The regulator is also not boost/vacuum referenced.

So his data needs to be entered into the table with proper offsets, not Same across the board (all 25 in one of his files)

Now the million $$ Question, what injectors are they?
    In my Tune I gave him I entered the data from an 06 Silverado that showed to have 36lb data (Again this Tune was a Total shot in the dark)

Thanks

Dan

i use CL file some time and OL other time to see what different but with OL file i get in WB reading 18 - 20 AFR from WB directly read on gage i need know how to fix this lean reading in WB from editor and where i must go to make 14.7- 15.3 AFR

in CL file ORGI that you send me too i get same 18-20 AFR ... so should this be fixed ... and i really want know how u change this tables in editor and depend in what u make this number ...

i hope i can get ur numbers in whatsapp guys that we make group or discord group for we talk more
    So you got the Pro Features for your MPVI2?
    And a serial adaptor cable?

Until you fix the injector flow rate for FPR you should not adjust the MAF or VE tables. Air Mass / target AFR = Fuel Mass. If you have the wrong injector fuel flow in the Flow rate vs kPa and it is dynamic as it is in your table right now which is for a returnless system, you will not get the fueling correct. It is the holidays and won't be able to help on this one but you need to start with injector flow rate corrected, then O2 sensors if running CL.
    USB to Serial adapter will allow you to get the WB into the scanner.
    +Add channel from External inputs>> serial port >> "YOUR" WB>> select EQ ratio. Add another channel... Fuel >> Commanded/desired>> Equivalence ratio commanded. NOW close the add channel list.

You right click "YOUR" WB EQ ratio channel in list and select transform>> expand +AF Ratio>>Select Lambda gasoline 14.7 This only transforms the voltage reading into an EQ ratio. Use WB and in tune Engine>Fuel>Ox Sensor>Closed loop enable> make table 280*
    Create a Graph. Maths>Lambda&AFR> EQ Ratio error
    You must check the Column axis Parameter Mass air frequency matches your table. Copy it from editor by rt click and copy column axis in editor then paste into scanner for labels. Do same for VE make sure rpm label is correct. MAP row axis copy editor VE row axis labels and paste into scanner labels.
    Hope this helps, Good luck.
    bro i didnt get Pro Features yet and pro link + for WB ... i just use WB like gage only to know AFR out from my car and its not stable it goes from 17 to 22 and keep like that .. so i get afraid to keep car on .... or to take round with it ... so i should make table for this AFR manual before i get Pro Features and pro link cable for WB coz their is no money for get them yet ,,, also i didnt get what u was mean with USB serial adapter can give it my name or show pic here plz ??

i know how to add them from editor but i must do alot change in file i have ... 1 Nov 2021 i will make it from zero also my injector number 12594512

they r in 07-09 GM

and i dont know from where to start tune i want help in tune but i want learn too not only ready files .. i rly need some course or book to get learn from it fast

if u can help in that guys i will be much thnxx ^_^

So you got the Pro Features for your MPVI2?
    And a serial adaptor cable?

not yet bro i must tune my car without them for now ... coz if i tune my car without them my friend will get one for me if i tune his car too i must prove that i can tune my swap car to can tune swap car coz it cost him more than 40k$ nissan petrol 2004 VTC ... so i need learn what to do if he has after market injector , cam comp big one , 6.0 engine , piston , intake later he will get turbo or supercharge ... i need math or sheet to can change thing from engine 4.8 to 6.0 data injector too and air mass ,,, bla bla bla and all other things

coz rly i dont know from where to start to tune ... Idle first or spark or fuel ...

help help help !!

Did you get your o2 sensors and Intake air temp fixed?
    If so you can use them in closed loop to make an error log and adjust against that. I can make a "Start File" for you based on 1 NOV 2021 to get you headed in the right direction.

Advanced Tuner
    Post #17 said he has FPR. He said they were from 07 Silverado and that data does not integrate directly with Gen3

Did you get your o2 sensors and Intake air temp fixed?
    If so you can use them in closed loop to make an error log and adjust against that. I can make a "Start File" for you based on 1 NOV 2021 to get you headed in the right direction.

o2 sensor keep read around 0.450 v and IAT yes its work and get fixed .. in morning IAT get close to ECT after that it get increase but IAC have some hising like bird inside when give race in park LOL ... after screw TB it gone little idk if this good or no

also in my 1 Nov 2021 i like it without SD i dont need SD i want all sensor work in car

back to my O2 after car get in ECT = 70-80 C o2 V get drop from 0.450v to 0.003V and some time 0.000 idk what problem in my O2 and other time it gone good idk if O2 not work well or electric in car weak ..

ys bro plz make a start file for 1 Nov 2021 in MAF enhance

about editor what i should use basic or advance for tune my swap ?!
    Last edited by mr.joker; 12-23-2021 at 10:24 AM.

Post #17 said he has FPR. He said they were from 07 Silverado and that data does not integrate directly with Gen3
    i post my injector number for get data and i found in google after put this number is in 07 to 09 it should be change from Gen 4 to Gen 3 by sheet

i post my injector number for get data and i found in google after put this number is in 07 to 09 it should be change from Gen 4 to Gen 3 by sheet
    Yes
    I'm looking into that now. I have a Tune with Gen4 injectors into a Gen3, I'm looking to see if they are the same.

Below is the sheet

Yes
    I'm looking into that now. I have a Tune with Gen4 injectors into a Gen3, I'm looking to see if they are the same.

Below is the sheet
    how to use this sheet bro ... what should i do ?!

Advanced Tuner
    bro i didnt get Pro Features yet and pro link + for WB ... i just use WB like gage only to know AFR out from my car and its not stable it goes from 17 to 22 and keep like that .. so i get afraid to keep car on .... or to take round with it ... so i should make table for this AFR manual before i get Pro Features and pro link cable for WB coz their is no money for get them yet ,,, also i didnt get what u was mean with USB serial adapter can give it my name or show pic here plz ??

i know how to add them from editor but i must do alot change in file i have ... 1 Nov 2021 i will make it from zero also my injector number 12594512

they r in 07-09 GM

and i dont know from where to start tune i want help in tune but i want learn too not only ready files .. i rly need some course or book to get learn from it fast

if u can help in that guys i will be much thnxx ^_^
    https://youtu.be/mGcEw29XZBQ
    The GRG channel has some useful stuff. This may help you see Serial to usb adapter in use and log.