Thread: low commanded throttle opening when rock crawling

Tuner in Training

low commanded throttle opening when rock crawling

I have had an issue where if I roll up to a rock wall and try to climb it the ECM limits power. This is a 2018 Colorado ZR2 with the 3.6L v6 and 8sp. This is happening when I am in low range. I have 4.56 gears installed. I want this to climb the rock wall or spin tires trying and not just sit there. It has done this since the 4.56 gears and Trifecta tune was installed. I have removed the trifecta tune. I now have an unlocked TCM installed also. Can someone point me in the right direction to fix this. At first I assumed it would be something in the torque management but I have not figured it out yet.
    I have attached my tune and a log. In the log file the vehicle was tied to a tree. You can see the TPS goes over 80% but the commanded throttle position stays below 30%. Anyone have an idea for me to try to fix this?

tset against tree.hpl
    HP 2018 ZR2 3.6 BB .hpt

Tuner in Training
    Solved! I had to get aggressive changing the driver demand tables. I was exceeding the axle torque value in the driver demand tables at slow speeds. 0 to 2 mph.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by jakesz28 View Post
    Solved! I had to get aggressive changing the driver demand tables. I was exceeding the axle torque value in the driver demand tables at slow speeds. 0 to 2 mph.
    Would you mind posting your tune with the fixed driver demand table?