Thread: enrichments without WOT?

Advanced Tuner

enrichments without WOT?

greetings. with WOT disabled, what tables do i play with to get more fuel off idle? the power enrichments seems to be for only WOT? im having problems with knock retard or false? no knock voltage to support knock. no sound from motor that i can hear but im getting up to -10* in the mid 2k -4k. ive tried making stoich 13.7 still have knock and a wet idle. still have some jerking at a light.. havent figured out how to or which table to adjust to minimizes this jerking. torque spark or throttle ? ive seen videos on torque spark to get the cam to lope, would like to have that but now i would like to get rid of the jerking? woundering if im black balled on these forums... not getting replies. if anyone cares to help, it would be appreciated.
    By the prickle of my thumb something wicked this way comes!2008 Chrysler 300c! 2013 heads/220/230 comp cam/LTheaders/FTI 2600 stall converter.

ANN set AFR to optimal point all the range.

you must use ve to get out if that range or set wot to enabled.

Advanced Tuner
    before i enable WOT, do i take the numbers higher or lower in the cells that are getting what im thinking is false knock in the VE tables?
    By the prickle of my thumb something wicked this way comes!2008 Chrysler 300c! 2013 heads/220/230 comp cam/LTheaders/FTI 2600 stall converter.

Tuner in Training
    Can you post the Tune? Also what size cam is it and is it locked? kinda hard to tell whats going on with no log or tune file to base it on.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckfan1812 View Post
    Can you post the Tune? Also what size cam is it and is it locked? kinda hard to tell whats going on with no log or tune file to base it on.
    ^^^This!^^^

It's hard to complain about not getting help when you don't supply data both in the way of log files and the tune file for people to analyze the potential source of the problem.

Also, you mention in your original post that you want cam lope, but don't want to feel the car surging while sitting at a stop in gear... But you can't have it both ways without going with a much looser converter. You need a higher stall speed in order for RPM fluctuations at idle not to not transfer to the wheels. One of the 300C's I tuned, the customer went with an FTI 2800 RPM stall, which was also still too tight to allow for much cam lope without feeling it in the drivetrain. My personal Jeep, on the flip side, has a Pro-Torque 3200 stall converter in it, and I can make the lope about as aggressive as I want and never feel it in the drivetrain.

One more thing, setting stoich to 13.7 (.0730 FAR) will not do what you think it does. It doesn't change the closed loop feedback target. It changes the surface fueling ration (also referred to as base fueling or open loop fueling), but your o2 sensor closed loop feedback system is ALWAYS going to target 1.0 Lambda (which will always read on a wideband that's configured for gasoline as 14.7, though realistically, depending on ethanol content of the fuel, will not be accurate - this is why it is so heavily preached that people need to familiarize themselves with Lambda instead of AFR). The only time changing the stoich fueling values is warranted is when you're using a fuel that has a stoich ratio of something other than .0680 FAR, or 14.7:1 AFR (stock values are usually around .0694 FAR, or in other words 14.4 AFR, presumably to account for an assumed ethanol content in pump gas).

Advanced Tuner
    when asked i post what i can, this request im just getting to because of time. lope, is it possible to have the lope while in park and neurtral and have a regular idle while in drive? if so, could that what i was looking for? the part on the fuel i didnt understand and not 100% now either and i THANK YOU for giving me that bit of knowledge. ill look into lambda and see what i can learn and hopefully apply to help with my issues! with that been said, heres the tune and a log.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    i'm not a tuner and probably not the ideal way for some but I have a big heavy truck with deep gears and I don't want it banging into D when i shift so I keep the idle rpms around 680 in P/N and have it bump to 750 when in D. Sitting there at the 680 mark, it's just below wanting to grab a gear and it's a nice quiet idle with a iittle lope then when I shift into D, it'll bump, idle smooth and be ready to go. The other reason I want it to bump up in D is to give the power steering a little boost to turn the 40" tires. Here's a quick vid of the idle:

https://youtu.be/vR_UHzUKDx0

Advanced Tuner
    thanks for the reply, ill checkout the video on youtube, but thats what im looking for is a lope at neutral and park but in drive a more stable idle.

Advanced Tuner
    boostjunky, tune and log posted...

Advanced Tuner
    Looking at your log, it's apparent that the knock retard is only happening during rapid throttle changes. At both instances when you get a spike of KR, your fuel trims go from either low positive values to extremely high positive values, or in the other case, it went from some negative values to positive values at the moment of throttle tip-in. BTW, you should add LTFT to your logs so you can see what history has dictated that your fueling error has been. If you're running aftermarket injectors, you may need to verify injector data as well.

The STFT trend is indicative that your VE table is in need of some work so that you don't get those lean spots at throttle tip-in. The lean spots are possibly responsible for the KR you're experiencing.

Also, you're logging a lot of unrelated/unnecessary PIDs, which can slow down the sampling rate of other PIDs that are important. I'd trim down your list of log parameters, then when you have all the relevant parameters selected for the purposes of your diagnosis, go to the Knock Sensor 1 and 2 PIDs in your channel list, right click, and select the fastest polling interval you can. You may not be seeing the knock sensor voltage spikes in the trend due to having your polling interval set too low, along with logging way too many channels.

Also, yes, you can set things up so you get lope in P/N and not in R/D. It's in the [Idle] [Airflow] section of the calibration. You'll want to make your Proportional/Derivative control smooth and predictable in the D/R Idle Torque Spark tables, and a little more erratic in the P/N tables (erratic implying sudden changes in the positive and negative direction at somewhat tight RPM ranges).

Your idle lope is mostly going to be affected by Idle Torque Spark control, and very little by Idle Torque Throttle. Think of spark control having immediate, fine-resolution control of idle, where throttle control having course, wide, long interval changes.
    Last edited by B00STJUNKY; 01-08-2022 at 10:55 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    i thank you boostjunky! i will start playing with those settings, hopefully ill be able to do so. i have no rear o2's just upstream and a frozen AEM wideband, stuck at 14.6, i have no cats and im fitted with long tube headers, where would be the best place to put the downstream? on the long tubes, all 4 bungs are but 3 inches from each other.

Advanced Tuner
    also, ill be removing all those unneeded PIDs, thanks for the tid bid.

Advanced Tuner
    the numbers on the injectors re old and havent found much info on the data to set the ipw correctly, from what ive heard and gathered by looks of the injectors they are from 20011-2016? when i go to ID website, the numbers are way off! i changed the numbers to what the site says and the car would not stay idling but revs. i want to do my VE tables but not sure on injector data and i need to install downstream o2s

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by sredish View Post
    i'm not a tuner and probably not the ideal way for some but I have a big heavy truck with deep gears and I don't want it banging into D when i shift so I keep the idle rpms around 680 in P/N and have it bump to 750 when in D. Sitting there at the 680 mark, it's just below wanting to grab a gear and it's a nice quiet idle with a iittle lope then when I shift into D, it'll bump, idle smooth and be ready to go. The other reason I want it to bump up in D is to give the power steering a little boost to turn the 40" tires. Here's a quick vid of the idle:

https://youtu.be/vR_UHzUKDx0
    i listen to the video and thats how my 300c sounds in park/neutral but the drive, the car would jerk at redlights. im going to check the areas the boostjunky recommended.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by B00STJUNKY View Post
    Also, you're logging a lot of unrelated/unnecessary PIDs, which can slow down the sampling rate of other PIDs that are important. I'd trim down your list of log parameters, then when you have all the relevant parameters selected for the purposes of your diagnosis, go to the Knock Sensor 1 and 2 PIDs in your channel list, right click, and select the fastest polling interval you can. You may not be seeing the knock sensor voltage spikes in the trend due to having your polling interval set too low, along with logging way too many channels.
    With the GPEC2 I've found that logging say 10 important parameters at the fastest polling rate vs logging 100, most of which at their fastest rate, seems to make an insignificant difference in the actual sample rates. Eg it did not noticeably slow down the sample rate of the critical parameters logged at the fastest rate. The data is still all very usable.
    Since testing that out for myself I've stuck to logging 100 or so parameters. You never know when a random trend will pop up or when you need to look back at old logs for comparisons.

Tuner in Training
    I thought the PE, Aircharge and Pratio are supposed to be the same??? I'm no expert. Also why so many misfires???

Jon

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by jtroiano View Post
    I thought the PE, Aircharge and Pratio are supposed to be the same??? I'm no expert. Also why so many misfires???

Jon
    i have seen aircharge table on this car, only pratio. so im guessing that aircharge and pratio are the same, aircharge for newer and pratio for a older vehicle like my 08? the misfires are the tune im thinking because there are a few tunes that didnt have any misfires, i keep playing with it to get the startup rpm lower that 2k! want the rpm around 900 the most on startup but i have so many issues that i keep trying to deal with them and forget about the misfires and endup with all types of issues.