Thread: Switching from Custom OS 2 bar, back to Custom OS 3 bar, just WRITE ENTIRE?

Advanced Tuner

Question Switching from Custom OS 2 bar, back to Custom OS 3 bar, just WRITE ENTIRE?

Car has been through multiple combos and currently runs a P01 2 BAR, FLEX FUEL enabled tune.

I've flirted with disaster dozens of times, running 19-20 (or more)# of boost, and no ability to tune fuel about 2 bar.

When I did the Flex Fuel enabled OS, and wired up a flex fuel sensor, it was because I had worries about being out somewhere, low on fuel, with no E-85 around...

That "cruising" idea has never happened, so I'm wanting to just choose an Ethanol/E-85 ONLY (or e60, e70 or whatever), non flex stoichiometric setting, and go back to a 3 bar RTT OS.

At least then, I'd be able to "tune" fuel above 15# of boost...
    I also test ethanol content already, so can easily reflash if content is off what it always has been.

ANYWAY...
    I have the current 2 BAR OS (still in car),
    a STOCK 1 bar OS, and...
    a 3 BAR OS (that WAS in the car a few years ago)

Note: ALL THREE have been used on this same car in the last few years

The QUESTIONS...

1. Can I simply WRITE ENTIRE the old (previous) 3 BAR OS that I ran a few years ago?

or...

2. Would I need to WRITE ENTIRE the "stock" 1 bar OS, I saved, and then UPGRADE to the 3 BAR?

As said, all THREE operating systems have run this car, this engine, this ECU, at some point in the last couple of years...

Thanks in advance...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2000 Trans AM WS6 6.0, 4L80e, 9"
    2008 Silverado LT 5.3 liter Work Beater

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by rel3rd View Post
    Car has been through multiple combos and currently runs a P01 2 BAR, FLEX FUEL enabled tune.

I've flirted with disaster dozens of times, running 19-20 (or more)# of boost, and no ability to tune fuel about 2 bar.

When I did the Flex Fuel enabled OS, and wired up a flex fuel sensor, it was because I had worries about being out somewhere, low on fuel, with no E-85 around...

That "cruising" idea has never happened, so I'm wanting to just choose an Ethanol/E-85 ONLY (or e60, e70 or whatever), non flex stoichiometric setting, and go back to a 3 bar RTT OS.

At least then, I'd be able to "tune" fuel above 15# of boost...
    I also test ethanol content already, so can easily reflash if content is off what it always has been.

ANYWAY...
    I have the current 2 BAR OS (still in car),
    a STOCK 1 bar OS, and...
    a 3 BAR OS (that WAS in the car a few years ago)

Note: ALL THREE have been used on this same car in the last few years

The QUESTIONS...

1. Can I simply WRITE ENTIRE the old (previous) 3 BAR OS that I ran a few years ago?

or...

2. Would I need to WRITE ENTIRE the "stock" 1 bar OS, I saved, and then UPGRADE to the 3 BAR?

As said, all THREE operating systems have run this car, this engine, this ECU, at some point in the last couple of years...

Thanks in advance...
    Yep. Just use the Write Entire option for the 3 bar OS and install your 3 bar MAP sensor and you'll be good.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin87turbot View Post
    Yep. Just use the Write Entire option for the 3 bar OS and install your 3 bar MAP sensor and you'll be good.
    Awesome. The 3 bar, or I think they refer to it as 2.5 bar, GM sensor has been in there for the duration.
    2000 Trans AM WS6 6.0, 4L80e, 9"
    2008 Silverado LT 5.3 liter Work Beater