Thread: Launch mode enable? m278 med17.7.1

Tuner in Training

Launch mode enable? m278 med17.7.1

I have tables for launch mode, Anyone know how to put the car in launch mode? or how to wire in a switch to enable it?

Anyone have a ecu pinout?

12 e550 m278 tt 4.7l
    Last edited by dkGoodrich.com; 06-16-2021 at 05:46 PM.

Don't know the answer, but have wondered this also.

I hope that HPT engineers will be adding more tables and scanner channels for us in the next rev, especially TCU, intercooler pump control. Launch control would be cool, too.

In the past they have asked for table numbers in order to add them - can someone with access to DAMOS or whatever software figure these out?

Tuner in Training
    I also have trans brake tables hahaha

I'm willing to bet even if there is no button for it, chassis is prob still wired for it and its just a matter of finding the plug or knowing a sequence of buttons - or at worst running going strait to the ecu pin with your own button, toggle, switch, etc

If the twin turbo e63 w212 had a launch control button or sequence, then it should be pretty strait forward to figure out

On my e60 545i drift car, it was prewired for sport mode, just had to access connector and wire in your own switch

I have winols 2.4, 4.41, and am talking to evc now about a optioned out v5. already got damos and oris to my other 10 e550 me9.7, and I just got damos to a later med17.7.x. So its just a matter of time. As the main thing we are really missing in hpt is trans control. We need to remove trans tcm limits (On launch off hold or footbrake, you feel it) and we need shift point and lockup access to make a higher stall converter function properly. Its what its going to take to make one of these really launch

I've got this thing rocking though, 20psi, no throttle limiting, itll brake boost without the oem cut, 100% EBS duty, roasting all 4 in 2nd, reported 291wtq gain by the time I got home from the dealership.

Now it goes on my awd dyno with e30 at least, safely find true mbt, and squeeze every drop I can out of it.

Also I have full bench flash setup for these. Can remove/change anything thats not in HPT, on the bench and send it back to anyone that needs it.

Tuner in Training

Do you have the 5-digit table numbers for this stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by dkGoodrich.com View Post
    @dkGoodrich.com

These won't open for some reason...

Tuner in Training
    I'll try to find what those orig attachments are

I got win ols 5 now, loaded with plug ins,

My e550 NA 5.5 is rocking m273, we are missing trans tq limit tables in hpt, which are the main limitations. But now Im good to mid mount a S366 or so

Working on winolsing the e550 TT m278.. More missing limitations

Tuner in Training
    race-start-tables-m278.jpg

[ECM] M11330 "Race start limit"

Ah okay, I do have that section. I haven't seen any race start options in the dash menu, even in engineering mode, and I think that's how it's activated in the AMGs. So yeah, would probably have to find a workaround to activate. Also race start was intended for the MCT transmission, so not sure how well it would translate to a torque converter trans. Would be fun to play with either way.

That's exciting on the WinOLS of M278... I have a support ticket in but they are asking for the table locations. Also they say there are no planned additions for Mercedes tables, so I'd say it's on us to get them to expand things.

Current wish list:
    -Intercooler pump RPM/activation control in editor and logging channel in the scanner
    -Ethanol content % logging channel in the scanner - unsure if the PCM reports this data but it might
    -TCU TUNING would be huge

Tuner in Training
    I now have the winols damos for the 7g tronic trans, be happy to send it to you. It has more tables than most ecus I've seen.

but I havent figured out how to bdm fixture it or know if I have a tool that will rip the bin off it

So far Ive just seen pictures of it done, most are just using it to clone or remarry the TCM/Valve body

Seems like CMD flasher and a legit KTAG can read it
    __
    In house Mustang AWD and 2WD load dynos
    2 w212 Mercedes e550s
    BMW 545i drift car
    Twin 76mm LS mini tubbed Foxbody

Quote Originally Posted by dkGoodrich.com View Post
    I now have the winols damos for the 7g tronic trans, be happy to send it to you. It has more tables than most ecus I've seen.

but I havent figured out how to bdm fixture it or know if I have a tool that will rip the bin off it

So far Ive just seen pictures of it done, most are just using it to clone or remarry the TCM/Valve body

Seems like CMD flasher and a legit KTAG can read it
    @dkGoodrich.com Sent you an email ��
    Last edited by Schnell; 11-20-2021 at 04:30 PM.

Tuner in Training
    I am asking for the ability to change the axis values on the tables. That would be big too.

Quote Originally Posted by clifftoo View Post
    I am asking for the ability to change the axis values on the tables. That would be big too.
    Click on the axis title and you should be able to change the values.

Tuner in Training
    thanks schnell