Thread: FYI strange misfire in my ram 5.7 hemi

Tuner in Training

FYI strange misfire in my ram 5.7 hemi

Hello, I would like to share my experience. Hopefully, it will be beneficial

I have RAM 2019 5.7 with CAI, Lt headers catless,, ATI dumber pulley , single exhaust.

the issue ⚠️ check engine light blinks four times in specific situations, especially in the mid-afternoon mainly in hot weather

And when I accelerate on a hill or In the event of strong wind hitting the front of the car (engine load)

However, I was lucky I was data logging when this happened. Unfortunately, Nothing appears, no knocks,fuel just fine

I returned to the tuner multiple times Where; he was checking the vehicle and the tune; everything seemed Good.

During that time, I changed the exhaust from single to dual, And guess what?

For some reason, the problem disappears and the truck runs even better Most of the time the AFR at 14.7 !

I don't understand!

The previous set of the single exhaust has no restriction free-flowing why causes misfires??

true duals or duals from the muffler back ?

Tuner in Training
    The muffler single 3 inch to dual 2.5 inch flowmaster super 44

The only changes here the Y pipes 3 inch are Extended all the way back near the rear axle