Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Please review this tune CTS-V tune or toon?

Tuner in Training

Please review this tune CTS-V tune or toon?

2012 CTSV LS7 90mm TB, FIC 1000cc injectors, 2.38 pulley, Speed Engineering exhaust no cats to Magnaflow mufflers, Btr3 cam 231/248 .617"/.595", DSX Aux PUMP, E85 sensor. please take a look at this tune any advise would be greatly appreciated as I just received HP Tuners yesterday. I'm simply asking for pointers as sometimes my car stalls and dies while coasting to a stop.
    Thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by matthewallison85; 12-30-2021 at 01:13 AM.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    if you car stalls and dies and you only have pulley and injectors you tune is not setup right
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Tuning Addict
    This tune isn't making any sense to me at all. MAF isn't tuned in the lower cells even though it's pullied - going to flow more air at idle just as it will in the higher rpms. RPM, Minimum idle airflow, adaptive idle, decel airflow for trans - all altered - sure there isn't a cam in this thing? Only reason for altering these to this extent??? Didn't look anything else over, but O2 position settings weren't touched either for the headers, but it is pullied so could inadvertently cancel that part out.. Injector settings were changed - didn't verify correct settings.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    This tune isn't making any sense to me at all. MAF isn't tuned in the lower cells even though it's pullied - going to flow more air at idle just as it will in the higher rpms. RPM, Minimum idle airflow, adaptive idle, decel airflow for trans - all altered - sure there isn't a cam in this thing? Only reason for altering these to this extent??? Didn't look anything else over, but O2 position settings weren't touched either for the headers, but it is pullied so could inadvertently cancel that part out.. Injector settings were changed - didn't verify correct settings.
    This thing does have a btr 3 cam. Sorry I left that out. Thanks for the input.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    This thing does have a btr 3 cam. Sorry I left that out. Thanks for the input.

Tuning Addict
    OK, well that's kind of worse then. None of the VE was tuned. None of the lower MAF curve was tuned. Does it stumble any at all performing a wot stomp from a dead stop by chance? Almost feel like it's misfiring at times? Just going off of the timing curve for that... Is this a final tune or just a temporary?

I would really like to see a log with as many channels as possible.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Tuner in Training
    It runs good just sometimes it dies coasting to a stop. But it’s like one time a week it will stall. Not other than that it runs well I had it at the track and it ran 10.9 @ 126mph

Tuner in Training
    I have yet to install my AFR gauge. But will do logs after installation

you need to be more specific on the brand of the injector

cam specs as well
    intake size
    headers
    free flowing or catted

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by SultanHassanMasTuning View Post
    you need to be more specific on the brand of the injector

cam specs as well
    intake size
    headers
    free flowing or catted
    The cam is a btr stage 3 cam for the lsa motor
    Speed engineering headers and exhaust no cats
    The intake is airade intake with green filter
    90mm throttle body
    Dsx aux fuel pump.
    I have hooked up the wide band and I’m capable of doing data logs now but it’s raining here. I do appreciate your input and help guys. I will post some logs this weekend.

3/4 race cam yee haw

p.s. When someone asks for cam specs they mean duration, lift, lobe separation, at the very minimum. BTR has more than one "Stage 3" (*spit*) PDS cam for LSA/LS9.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewallison85 View Post
    3.38 pulley
    Do you mean 2.38 pulley?
    2013 OBM A6 CTS-V Coupe
    Mods: Headers back Billy Boat Exhaust, GripTec 2.65, 8.6 PowerBond Lower, LSX Innovations Solid Isolator, ID850's, NGK TR7IX's, Accel 9070CK Wires, Spectre CAI, SRI Ported Throttle Body, SRI Catch Can, NGK AFRM, 160* T-Stat, 0fx2gv Brick, Hard Line Delete W/3/4" Lines, FB 101 FMIC, Pierberg CWA50, Stoptech Drilled/Slotted Rotors, EBC Redstuff, Cut Stock Springs, Flat Bottom Steering Wheel
    2006 Black Raven STS-V (Traded In)
    Fully Modded: 459RWHP@5888rpm/451lbft@4696rpm

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by PGA2B View Post
    Do you mean 2.38 pulley?
    Yes 2.38 pulley.
    And as far as cam specs I?m looking for the cam card.

Tuner in Training
    [QUOTE=blindsquirrel;673347]3/4 race cam yee haw

p.s. When someone asks for cam specs they mean duration, lift, lobe separation, at the very minimum. BTR has more than one "Stage 3" (*spit*) PDS cam for LSA/LS9.[/Yes the BTR PDS STAGE III CAM - (Cam Motion Core)

Cam specs 231/248 .617"/.595" 120+5

Tuner in Training
    I bumped the in gear ideal up a bit seems to have helped. I mads a a small log hopefully I'm doing this correctly?? Its raining here so longer logs to come this weekend. any advise would be greatly appreciated thankslog 1 ctsv.hpl.Disabled 7.5 CTSV MAF EQ ER 12.30.21.hptat4.hpl

new data and tune am i on the right track?
    Last edited by matthewallison85; 12-30-2021 at 12:39 PM.

what brand of injectors?

data in file shows 1050x

can you confirm
    Last edited by SultanHassanMasTuning; 12-31-2021 at 07:52 AM.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by SultanHassanMasTuning View Post
    what brand of injectors?

data in file shows 1050x

can you confirm
    The injectors are F.I.C 1000cc

Quote Originally Posted by matthewallison85 View Post
    I bumped the in gear ideal up a bit seems to have helped. I mads a a small log hopefully I'm doing this correctly?? Its raining here so longer logs to come this weekend. any advise would be greatly appreciated thankslog 1 ctsv.hpl.Disabled 7.5 CTSV MAF EQ ER 12.30.21.hptat4.hpl

new data and tune am i on the right track?
    If I'm reading this correctly. You have set the Tune for Open Loop MAF only and you are adjusting your MAF Air Flow table based an error log?

The logs seem to show you are heading in the right direction.
    But until you know if your Injector data is correct it is kind of a wasted effort (not saying its off I haven't looked at it, just going off replies here)

Not sure if this matters, but you might want to read your FPCM so people can see how it is setup with your added DSX pump.
    I notice in your logs a lot of time you are commanding 50 PSI. Not familiar with CTSV at all maybe this is normal and seems to follow your low flow mode in Fuel System tab
    2011 Camaro 2SS Convertible L99 Bone Stock for now
    2003 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins QC 4x4. Airaid, 2nd Gen Intake, Grid Heater Delete, D-Tech 62/65/12, Magnaflow. Bully Dog: Propane Injection, Triple Dog W/Outlook Crazy Larry. Edge EZ, BD Flow-Max, 48RE: Sonnax Sure Cure/Transgo combination, Derale turbulator, billet input, Triple Disc, Super servo, 4 ring Accumulator. :beer

Assuming these are the injectors you have, your data is different.
    Did you get a sheet with your injectors? (In case I downloaded the wrong sheet, this is from Fuel Injector Clinic NOT Fuel Injector connection).

The whole sheet was too big to upload, here is the flow rate page only
    2011 Camaro 2SS Convertible L99 Bone Stock for now
    2003 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins QC 4x4. Airaid, 2nd Gen Intake, Grid Heater Delete, D-Tech 62/65/12, Magnaflow. Bully Dog: Propane Injection, Triple Dog W/Outlook Crazy Larry. Edge EZ, BD Flow-Max, 48RE: Sonnax Sure Cure/Transgo combination, Derale turbulator, billet input, Triple Disc, Super servo, 4 ring Accumulator. :beer

if its fuel injector connection gonna have a hard time