Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Please review this tune CTS-V tune or toon?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by SultanHassanMasTuning View Post
    what brand of injectors?

data in file shows 1050x

can you confirm
    Fuel injector clinic. Sorry I didn?t think there was more than one FIC injectors

Quote Originally Posted by matthewallison85 View Post
    Fuel injector clinic. Sorry I didn?t think there was more than one FIC injectors
    Okay
    Did they send you a data file with the injectors? The file I downloaded is different...
    I would hate for you to change the data unless you are 100% sure its correct. If you know who entered the data into your tune you might want to see where it came from..

https://fuelinjectorclinic.com/HP-TUNERS-1000
    Last edited by dhoagland; 12-31-2021 at 05:27 PM. Reason: added link
    2011 Camaro 2SS Convertible L99 Bone Stock for now
    2003 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins QC 4x4. Airaid, 2nd Gen Intake, Grid Heater Delete, D-Tech 62/65/12, Magnaflow. Bully Dog: Propane Injection, Triple Dog W/Outlook Crazy Larry. Edge EZ, BD Flow-Max, 48RE: Sonnax Sure Cure/Transgo combination, Derale turbulator, billet input, Triple Disc, Super servo, 4 ring Accumulator. :beer

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Tuner

2012 CTS-V help

Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    OK, well that's kind of worse then. None of the VE was tuned. None of the lower MAF curve was tuned. Does it stumble any at all performing a wot stomp from a dead stop by chance? Almost feel like it's misfiring at times? Just going off of the timing curve for that... Is this a final tune or just a temporary?

I would really like to see a log with as many channels as possible.

Not to steal any attention away from the original thread but I've been reading for a couple days trying to diagnose my Vs issue with a misfire like stumble accelerating more aggressively from a stop or even from a lower speed trying to get up in traffic. The car will only do this until about 3k rpm and then it smooths out. I had assumed the MAF curve was wonky and I did pull the tune that is currently in the car but I would really like to get it running correctly for the mods it does have.
    -Brand new LSA blower sent off to Kong for porting during
    build
    -DMS reinforced brick
    -NW 102MM TB
    -Air raid Intake with 6? Green Filter
    -2.3/9.1 pulleys
    -BTR Stage 2 Cam (87k miles)
    -New Lifters (87k miles)
    -.660 springs
    -DSX Aux Kit
    -ID1050s w/Flex Sensor
    -New Oil Pump during build (40-50psi idle, 30-35)
    -ARP head studs
    -Longtubes, Catless X pipe
    -Corsa Sport w/magnaflow resonators
    -8gal Trunk Tank
    -EMP Pump
    -1? lines for heat exchanger setup
    -Vadder Dual Heat Exchangers

Any advice is appreciated. I would even be willing to set up some histograms from calibrating the maf with a little help.

2012 CTS-V As Read.hpt
    Last edited by Ethan5.019; 09-13-2022 at 09:39 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by dhoagland View Post
    If I'm reading this correctly. You have set the Tune for Open Loop MAF only and you are adjusting your MAF Air Flow table based an error log?

The logs seem to show you are heading in the right direction.
    But until you know if your Injector data is correct it is kind of a wasted effort (not saying its off I haven't looked at it, just going off replies here)

Not sure if this matters, but you might want to read your FPCM so people can see how it is setup with your added DSX pump.
    I notice in your logs a lot of time you are commanding 50 PSI. Not familiar with CTSV at all maybe this is normal and seems to follow your low flow mode in Fuel System tab
    His tune isn't setup for OL may only...if you go to Fuel>oxgen sensors>ECT vs. startup ect that temp is set to 102 degrees.....so above that and the car will be in CL. His LTFT are disabled so the car will be running on STFTs only, which is fine

@Ethan5.019
    Changed some of your injector data, it seemed to be wrong (ECM12307, 12315, 12303), and couple other things. Just do a compare, to see a difference. Might give you some idea of what to mess with.
    Your VE table is odd ~1800 - 3400 rpm, looks like it was just smoothed out.
    Do a log on your MAF as well, to see where you are at. With injector changes it will most likely be off.
    2012 CTS-V As Read2.hpt

Forgot PE and Flex.
    You should change PE to something similar, to get into it faster.

20220914_073743.jpg20220914_073914.jpg
    Last edited by mememe123; 09-14-2022 at 07:44 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mememe123 View Post
    @Ethan5.019
    Changed some of your injector data, it seemed to be wrong (ECM12307, 12315, 12303), and couple other things. Just do a compare, to see a difference. Might give you some idea of what to mess with.
    Your VE table is odd ~1800 - 3400 rpm, looks like it was just smoothed out.
    Do a log on your MAF as well, to see where you are at. With injector changes it will most likely be off.
    2012 CTS-V As Read2.hpt

Forgot PE and Flex.
    You should change PE to something similar, to get into it faster.

20220914_073743.jpg20220914_073914.jpg
    his VVE table is actually stock which from what I've read will cause drivability issues when cammed

Tuner
    @mememe123
    So they didn't update all the injector data for the ID1050s? Do anyone have an injector data sheet or know where I can get one so I can update this before I start looking into the maf? I built a channel config and a layout for the car so I can log it once I correct the information.

The ones I put in there are from my tune, I have a '14 V with ID1050x.
    ID have injector data on their website, free of charge

Tuner
    @mememe123
    I appreciate that. I have the ID1050 on my ODIN charged F150 just wasn't certain if I could use the sheet that came with them for this application. I'll make the necessary changes and actually run a log in a few minutes.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by sgod1100 View Post
    his VVE table is actually stock which from what I've read will cause drivability issues when cammed
    This... VVE becomes critical on LSA's even with just a pulley change.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Tuner
    @Alvin
    It's funny you say that being that a performance shop did all the work and even dynoed the car after they did the upgrades. I've owned the car maybe 6 months but I knew something wasn't right just from the little I've driven it and finally had time to pull the file and start getting answers.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethan5.019 View Post
    @Alvin
    It's funny you say that being that a performance shop did all the work and even dynoed the car after they did the upgrades. I've owned the car maybe 6 months but I knew something wasn't right just from the little I've driven it and finally had time to pull the file and start getting answers.
    post a log and mark where you feel the problems.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Tuner
    @Alvin

CTS-V log1.hpl

Here is a log of just very normal driving. I couldn't get my EQ Err Ratio graph to plot any data so I'm still trying to fight that but I am logging the MAF Freq so I'm not sure why it didn't work. This log is before any changes were made to injector data.

I can post some channels/configs when I get home, if you need them. You just gonna have to add your own WB02.

Advanced Tuner
    @Alvin

CTS-V log1.hpl

Here is a log of just very normal driving. I couldn't get my EQ Err Ratio graph to plot any data so I'm still trying to fight that but I am logging the MAF Freq so I'm not sure why it didn't work. This log is before any changes were made to injector data.
    Remember if you are in CL to use your NB 02 sensors for fuel corrections and not your wideband. You will need to force the car into OL to use the WB for fueling corrections

Senior Tuner
    @Alvin

CTS-V log1.hpl

Mark a time where it happens so I can save time reviewing it
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com

Tuner
    @Alvin
    I will get a better log of the problem area tomorrow weather permitting. Today's log I couldn't get into the throttle and make the car act up. I will also adjust my histogram and graph so I can use the STFTs to calibrate the MAF since this car does not yet have a WB O2 sensor.

Tuning Addict
    Usually when these start sputtering after a cam install the timing is too low - you do have a little odd timing table and could probably add some more in the lower rpms. However being that your VE wasn't tuned, I would look there first. Plus brand (x) injectors usually use different inj data than the regular non (x) injectors, so keep that in mind when looking up the correct data for yours.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Tuner
    @GHuggins

I just finished changing the injector data and setting the tune up for MAF tuning. I also corrected my histograms to plot STFT vs MAF Freq. I will probably flash this sometime over the weekend and get some good logs in so I can better display what the car is doing in the situation I'm concerned with. Is there a good thread to help me with the VE tuning once I get the MAF pretty close to where it should be?

2012 CTS-V MAF CAL.hpt