Thread: Shift time 2-3 gear WOT (NAG1)

Potential Tuner

Shift time 2-3 gear WOT (NAG1)

Hi Guys!

I would appreciate if you can help me.
    If I right understood that the calculation formula Shift time 2-3 gear WOT (NAG1) should be the following:

Fill Pressure 1 ramp time + Fill Pressure 1 hold time + Fill Pressure 3 ramp time + Fill Pressure 3 hold time + Overlap Time 1 value for High torque +
    Torque Phase Ramp Time value for High torque = (ms)?

Am I right?

Many thanks.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ddima View Post
    Hi Guys!

I would appreciate if you can help me.
    If I right understood that the calculation formula Shift time 2-3 gear WOT (NAG1) should be the following:

Fill Pressure 1 ramp time + Fill Pressure 1 hold time + Fill Pressure 3 ramp time + Fill Pressure 3 hold time + Overlap Time 1 value for High torque +
    Torque Phase Ramp Time value for High torque = (ms)?

Am I right?

Many thanks.
    hey there, im in the same are of confusion. trying to figure out better shifts by tuning fill,hold and overlap tuning. did you get any clarification on any of these areas?
    By the prickle of my thumb something wicked this way comes!2008 Chrysler 300c! 2013 heads/220/230 comp cam/LTheaders/FTI 2600 stall converter.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbo2gnx View Post
    hey there, im in the same are of confusion. trying to figure out better shifts by tuning fill,hold and overlap tuning. did you get any clarification on any of these areas?
    Unfortunately no. Have you been able to reduce shift time?

Advanced Tuner
    Unfortunately no. Have you been able to reduce shift time?
    ive changed something. theres no on and off feel when driving? the shifts are still slow and barely noticeable. my next step will be lowering the current to the PCS. i read that the higher ma the less pressure to the line and shift pressures. my current settings for the PCS is 1amp so ill be taking it down to 600ma and see how it feels. im using a pressure to amps chart to judge the pressures.
    By the prickle of my thumb something wicked this way comes!2008 Chrysler 300c! 2013 heads/220/230 comp cam/LTheaders/FTI 2600 stall converter.

Potential Tuner
    ive changed something. theres no on and off feel when driving? the shifts are still slow and barely noticeable. my next step will be lowering the current to the PCS. i read that the higher ma the less pressure to the line and shift pressures. my current settings for the PCS is 1amp so ill be taking it down to 600ma and see how it feels. im using a pressure to amps chart to judge the pressures.
    Do you have current logging in the solenoid? Or do you mean the table: Commanded PCS Current?

Advanced Tuner
    Do you have current logging in the solenoid? Or do you mean the table: Commanded PCS Current?
    i was talking about the COMMANDED PCS. WATCHED A VIDEO ON THE OPERATIONS ON THE NAG1, THE ELECTRICAL,HYDROLICS AND THE REBUILD OF THE NAG1 AND THE GUY WAS EXPLAINING THAT FROM FACTORY THE LINE AND SHIFT PRESSURES WERE AROUND 70LBS. TO GET MORE PRESSURE FOR LINE AND SHIFT IS TO DECREASE THE MA. GREAT VIDEO!!

Advanced Tuner
    how to setup the scanner to log pcs and other pressures in the tranny?

Potential Tuner
    how to setup the scanner to log pcs and other pressures in the tranny?
    There are no pressure sensors in Nag1, it is impossible to log pressure directly.

Tuner
    Shifting Pressure and Shifting Time are the most complicated part of the tuning. If not done correctly, I can seriously damage the transmission over time.

There is a logic behind it, which has to be followed step by step, otherwise, you can brake it or burn it. Also, transmission adaptation.

In case you need personalized tuning support, let me know (I have more than 12y of experience tuning ZF 8HP transmission)

Email: [email protected]