Thread: no replies?

Advanced Tuner

no replies?

why is it that its like pulling teeth to get help here? why is it that we can ask for help and get 200 views but no body is willing to help? thanks to the few that does help! pretty sure ill be ignored even more now!
    By the prickle of my thumb something wicked this way comes!2008 Chrysler 300c! 2013 heads/220/230 comp cam/LTheaders/FTI 2600 stall converter.

I think most people just come here for answers, Most of the "guru's" are too busy with customers , there's a few I know when Sultin chimes in on something I read it twice and then re-read it.

Advanced Tuner
    @BOOSTJUNKY, not sure what happend to your post but ill try to proof read my post to make them clearer! my qustion to you is, if you dont understand what is being asked, why not ask for clarification on what we/im asking if the intention is to help? you took the time to write a all that you did but never asked what was to issue! then the post is gone.i appreciate any and all information! i thought that this forum was for this purpose? not for information to be withheld.i understand that this is how some make their money but to help someone that is and will not be any competition. thanks for you reply letting me know that you didnt understand what im asking.
    By the prickle of my thumb something wicked this way comes!2008 Chrysler 300c! 2013 heads/220/230 comp cam/LTheaders/FTI 2600 stall converter.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbo2gnx View Post
    @BOOSTJUNKY, not sure what happend to your post but ill try to proof read my post to make them clearer! my qustion to you is, if you dont understand what is being asked, why not ask for clarification on what we/im asking if the intention is to help? you took the time to write a all that you did but never asked what was to issue! then the post is gone.i appreciate any and all information! i thought that this forum was for this purpose? not for information to be withheld.i understand that this is how some make their money but to help someone that is and will not be any competition. thanks for you reply letting me know that you didnt understand what im asking.
    Sorry, I mixed some different usernames up and had you confused for someone else, hence why I retracted my post (thought I would have gotten to it before it was seen). My bad.

I understand your frustration, but also understand the position it puts people in depending on which side of the fence they find themselves on.

Advanced Tuner
    Np. yes i understand as well that they cant be on replying all the time. im seeing that there a few posts for help that never gotten answered or given any reply. we appreciate any and all help given! sometimes we need a little info from the gods to get us that much closer.

It is because it is a Dodge product. You will find that if you have a GM product people (both good and bad) will jump out of the woodwork to help you as long as it isn't "I have never tuned but need a great one can you give it to me free without me having to do any work or expend any money".
    When it comes to Dodge products it is a secret community with a special handshake that has to happen before the password is given. Like the Masonic lodge. If you are not part of the secret order of Dodge tuners you are out of luck.
    I got lucky when I first started and had someone come to my rescue on a 300C. Won't mention his name because I don't want him inundated with messages. He was extremely helpful. All I can say is I feel yah buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMechanic View Post
    It is because it is a Dodge product. You will find that if you have a GM product people (both good and bad) will jump out of the woodwork to help you as long as it isn't "I have never tuned but need a great one can you give it to me free without me having to do any work or expend any money".
    When it comes to Dodge products it is a secret community with a special handshake that has to happen before the password is given. Like the Masonic lodge. If you are not part of the secret order of Dodge tuners you are out of luck.
    I got lucky when I first started and had someone come to my rescue on a 300C. Won't mention his name because I don't want him inundated with messages. He was extremely helpful. All I can say is I feel yah buddy.
    Lotta truth spoken here
    2018 Trackhawk PCM/TCM tune by Dusterhoff.
    Flex Fuel, MMX faux 95mm TB, GripTec 2.85, 10% ATI lower, FIC1200, ARH 1 7/8 w/cats, 180 T-stat

13 Chrysler 300S, RAM BGE 412 stroker, cam motion 232/246 619/619 118 +4, ATI 18% OD pulley
    Whipple Gen5 3.0, 2.50 upper pulley, Smooth Boost controller, FIC 1200 inj. Nick W 108mm TB, FORE dual return fuel system, E85, FTI 2800 stall(SRT83380), SHR WAR Viking trans and valve body, Getrag 3.73, 1 7/8 kooks w/hi-flow cats, 3" Magnaflow Cat-back 943rwhp

"why is it that its like pulling teeth to get help here? why is it that we can ask for help and get 200 views but no body is willing to help? thanks to the few that does help! pretty sure ill be ignored even more now!"

Whats the question?

Tuner in Training
    Yes it sucks getting no responses.

Jon

Advanced Tuner
    sad that we have to use other forums and youtube to get the little answers that we do get from those places. why is it that they dont want to help? its not like we are trying to become tuners and take money from their pockets! im just an old man trying to have some fun with ky boys at the track!! we have really gotten this distant that we will ignore someone's asking for help! i just want to go down the track as fast as we can! i dont have any shops and i dont tune cars, im 60 years old and just wanted to have fun! hopefully one day info will be easily obtainable for us that just want to have fun.

Advanced Tuner
    so the GM and ford has a better set of people that dont mind helping? so sell the dodges and buy GM?

Tuner in Training
    Just observing, I feel like you've gotten good responses and answers in previous posts, it seems that some of them get ignored or brushed off. For instance, I believe I made a suggestion that you compression calculations may have been about a point off. You have made a number of posts regarding knock. The combination of shortblock and cylinder heads is more than likely too much compression for 93 oct unless you pull a bunch of timing out. if I remember correctly, your combo with the stock head gaskets should be about 12.3:1 compression. I would suggest an alternative fuel, a quick way to see if it helps is if you have a Sunoco station that sells race gas. E85 is an option, but it will require some fuel system upgrades if you dont have them already and some additional tuning. That my .02 cents

Tuner in Training
    I've made a couple posts, fairly new here and no responses to them. i'm sure they're stupid but this is an HP Tuner forum to learn about using your HP Tuner, not a private 'only if you can tune already' exclusive forum. i have built my baja pig from the ground as it's my rig so I do the work; tuning is one aspect that i'm working to get a grasp on so the truck does what I need it to do in baja, not what dodge wanted to meet epa, towing and mpgs... i'm not a commercial tuner nor am I trying to find secrets to dish out to others, just want my truck to do what I want and this seems like a super exclusive prove yourself place. whatever, i'll figure it out.

Guys not trying to sound like an ass here, But you have to realize that the ones that can help the most are most likely very busy with their own businesses as this is what they do for a living and may not be on the forums every day.

www.n2speed.com
    http://www.amp4x4.com
    [email protected]

Dodge And GM Tuning Suppport
    Diablosport CMR | HP Tuners

Tuner in Training
    I'm cool with that, not being pissy at all. If they're busy making money, they should keep on at it.

Advanced Tuner
    i thank you and all that have responded with info! i added higher octane with no changes. what part was ignored?i removed spark,no change. so is the answers ive gotten taken care of my issues, no. not sure what makes you feel i ignoreded advice?

Advanced Tuner
    1. Why not search?
    2. What was the issue?
    Daily Driver= 2003 BMW 330xi
    Weekend Cruiser= 2009 Pontiac G8 GT (Vararam, TSP LS3 N/A Stage 1, OBX, CTS-V converter, MagnaFlows w/ J-Pipes, 160 t-stat)
    Project Car= 1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS (LQ4 w/ Gen 4 Rods, LS3 heads, turbo...)
    Truck= 2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT LY5 4x4

Advanced Tuner
    why not search? would looking at youtube videos count? searching through these forums count? if so. i searched. so im assuming all feels like im not looking and just want answers without some work?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbo2gnx View Post
    why not search? would looking at youtube videos count? searching through these forums count? if so. i searched. so im assuming all feels like im not looking and just want answers without some work?
    OK so what exactly was the issue that you were having?

Advanced Tuner
    there are 3 issues that im battling with! 1st is the kn retard 2nd is VE tuning without downstream o2s 3rd is not getting much of a pull from the tranny? the log shows up to 200 lbs but its not felt, it feels like a whole bunch of slipping! the torque was limited to the stock numbers of 239 being max torque. i raised the nuber to 359lbs but theres no change in the pull of the car! not sure what is my max torque but i know that theres something wrong with my tune when it comes to producing torque, well at least i thinks.