Thread: 2008 Sport Trac 4.6 2WD

Tuner in Training

2008 Sport Trac 4.6 2WD

Hello, I was wondering if I could get some help as my researching is coming up empty.

I just loaded up the stock tune from my 2008 Sport Trac and looked at the transmission settings. I did some research and I am not seeing your typical settings like you would for other cars. It pulled up the 6R80 transmission in my tune (that took forever to download). I pulled up a 2008 Mustang Auto Stock Tune to compare and it looked very similar to mine, but had its differences. I was looking to get firmer shifts and raise the shift points, but this thing is all over the place. I can see where I can raise the MAX RPM, but that's total before limp mode. I do see a Shift Pressures tab, and it has Base Pressure....though it shows things like each gear and a Torque FT/Engine speed graph for each. The numbers just show 5.20, 9.40 and 17.30. No clue what that means. Can anyone offer any tips on what I should be looking to modify? Maybe a primer for where I learn what the settings do? It has all these torque converter options that I really do not want to mess with. I just want help with the lazy stock shifts. Really wish the Repository was not cleaned out so I could look at a modified transmission strategy from my year of vehicle. Thanks

Shift Scheduling Looks like this:

Shift Scheduling.png
    Last edited by Biff; 12-31-2021 at 10:30 AM.

Tuner in Training
    I guess no one tunes the 2008 model year Ford cars with auto?

Not sure how many people out there are tuning the older platforms, as of right now that's a 14 year old car, plus they don't support all the different tables with some of the cars the way they do others. This is even evident with some of the new stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Biff View Post
    Hello, I was wondering if I could get some help as my researching is coming up empty.

I just loaded up the stock tune from my 2008 Sport Trac and looked at the transmission settings. I did some research and I am not seeing your typical settings like you would for other cars. It pulled up the 6R80 transmission in my tune (that took forever to download). I pulled up a 2008 Mustang Auto Stock Tune to compare and it looked very similar to mine, but had its differences. I was looking to get firmer shifts and raise the shift points, but this thing is all over the place. I can see where I can raise the MAX RPM, but that's total before limp mode. I do see a Shift Pressures tab, and it has Base Pressure....though it shows things like each gear and a Torque FT/Engine speed graph for each. The numbers just show 5.20, 9.40 and 17.30. No clue what that means. Can anyone offer any tips on what I should be looking to modify? Maybe a primer for where I learn what the settings do? It has all these torque converter options that I really do not want to mess with. I just want help with the lazy stock shifts. Really wish the Repository was not cleaned out so I could look at a modified transmission strategy from my year of vehicle. Thanks

Shift Scheduling.png

Depending on what controller x vehicle has it can look totally different from one vehicle to another as every controller/hardware is different.

Post up the stock file
    2008 J2 F-350 CCSB

Tuner in Training
    I can help a little but I'm using SCT software. Remind me later and I'll send you a spreadsheet you can use to adjust your shift tables. I'm working on identifying when each table is used. Only a few are obvious.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Biff View Post

Shift Scheduling.png
    This is setup for SCT Software, MT from SCT provided me this for tuning 6r transmission.
    Attached Files Attached Files