Thread: 2010 B8 A4 Avant ATQ

Potential Tuner

2010 B8 A4 Avant ATQ

Looking for some guidance on my tune...

I'm new to HPTuners, but with the help of Juancitosport and TylerJDubbs' recent posts, I have been able to create a usable tune that seems to work well with my setup. However, I think there is definitely more to be gained.

I'm a little confused on how exactly to get boost over 17psi... Preferably 23-25psi... Hoping someone can look at my files and give a little direction.

Mods:
    2.0t EA888
    IE Tuscan Rods
    Mahle forged pistons
    ARP fasteners...main, rod and head studs
    Farrea valves and IE valve springs and retainers
    CTS GTX3071r Turbo
    Turbosmart Blow Off Valve Dual Port Kompact EM Series
    Luft-Technik Intercooler
    Grams Performance Drive-by-Wire 70mm Throttle Body
    HPA Motorsports Intake Manifold V2
    Snow Stage 2.5 Boost-Controlled Water/Meth Injection Kit
    HPFP - Autotech upgrade
    LPFP - DW400 using factory basket
    Bosch injectors 30063-07215426 (replaced 10/21)
    Brisk Silver Racing DR12YS Spark Plug - 1 step colder @ .026
    APR ignition coils (PQ35 STYLE)
    HPA Motorsports High-Flow Downpipe
    Billy Boat 1:2 exhaust
    K&N E-0775
    Level 10 PTS Audi Bulletproof Transmission ZF6HP26, 2500 stall

Much appreciation for your input.

Files attached...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by JoulesKelvin; 12-31-2021 at 09:53 AM. Reason: Added engine designation

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by JoulesKelvin View Post
    Looking for some guidance on my tune...

I'm new to HPTuners, but with the help of Juancitosport and TylerJDubbs' recent posts, I have been able to create a usable tune that seems to work well with my setup. However, I think there is definitely more to be gained.

I'm a little confused on how exactly to get boost over 17psi... Preferably 23-25psi... Hoping someone can look at my files and give a little direction.

Mods:
    2.0t EA888
    IE Tuscan Rods
    Mahle forged pistons
    ARP fasteners...main, rod and head studs
    Farrea valves and IE valve springs and retainers
    CTS GTX3071r Turbo
    Turbosmart Blow Off Valve Dual Port Kompact EM Series
    Luft-Technik Intercooler
    Grams Performance Drive-by-Wire 70mm Throttle Body
    HPA Motorsports Intake Manifold V2
    Snow Stage 2.5 Boost-Controlled Water/Meth Injection Kit
    HPFP - Autotech upgrade
    LPFP - DW400 using factory basket
    Bosch injectors 30063-07215426 (replaced 10/21)
    Brisk Silver Racing DR12YS Spark Plug - 1 step colder @ .026
    APR ignition coils (PQ35 STYLE)
    HPA Motorsports High-Flow Downpipe
    Billy Boat 1:2 exhaust
    K&N E-0775
    Level 10 PTS Audi Bulletproof Transmission ZF6HP26, 2500 stall

Much appreciation for your input.

Files attached...
    Try to use this logging channel file instead please.

2011-A4-2LT6MT-ReducedSAE.Channels.xml

You're using a different version than I normally use 8K2907115AA_0007. normally I recommend people switch to AG_0002 with tactrix + PCM Flash or similar

Also DM me if you're interested in going custom tuning as this build is right up my alley
    Attached Files Attached Files

Was any tuning done to the trans or are you relying on physical modifications for improved shift speeds?

Potential Tuner
    @TylerJDubbs ... I will work on getting logs with your channel settings. And, I'll look into getting the same version. I'll DM you. Definitely want to work on a custom tune. Thank you!

@Spawne32... The short answer is both...I shipped the car to NJ and Level 10 did a rebuild based on a conversation we had around my goals and use of the car. They did a factory computer upgrade (flash file), swapped in a reinforced 1st and 2nd gear and a performance valve body and torque converter with a 2500rpm stall. Shifts are crisp and the lag I was experiencing was resolved. The ZF is pretty stout but since I needed a refresh, I figured I'd invest in peace of mind... Since I plan on getting 500bhp++ at the wheels... At some point.
    You can check out their services here:. https://www.levelten.com/Audi_Transmissions_s/30.htm

Quote Originally Posted by JoulesKelvin View Post
    @TylerJDubbs ... I will work on getting logs with your channel settings. And, I'll look into getting the same version. I'll DM you. Definitely want to work on a custom tune. Thank you!

@Spawne32... The short answer is both...I shipped the car to NJ and Level 10 did a rebuild based on a conversation we had around my goals and use of the car. They did a factory computer upgrade (flash file), swapped in a reinforced 1st and 2nd gear and a performance valve body and torque converter with a 2500rpm stall. Shifts are crisp and the lag I was experiencing was resolved. The ZF is pretty stout but since I needed a refresh, I figured I'd invest in peace of mind... Since I plan on getting 500bhp++ at the wheels... At some point.
    You can check out their services here:. https://www.levelten.com/Audi_Transmissions_s/30.htm
    I know all about level 10, the prices are pretty steep considering the value of the 09. Not something I would do personally, although your the first person I have ever heard of doing this on the 09 ZF6, so you may be in the record books here. Most people just sell the car and buy a B8.5 with a ZF8, which rarely needs any mechanical modifications and is easily upgraded via software tuning. I was hoping maybe we finally had a software option for the ZF6 like the BMW guys have. I'm looking forward to seeing what this thing does, please post some videos!!