Thread: Jeep JK (2013) ECU locked to other programers?

Potential Tuner

Question Jeep JK (2013) ECU locked to other programers?

I am trying to troubleshoot an issue. I had a friend apply a tune via HPTuner to change some shift points. I applied the original tuner file back, but when i try to tune it with a diablosport tuner that i got with my RIPP supercharger i get a message that it cant read the ECM. Does HPtuners lock the ECU somehow? if so, how do i remove it?

I don't have a direct answer...
    My guess is Diablo is looking for a CVN number that must have changed after HP Tuners Flash

I know on the Diesel side there was a combination where you would flash the ECM with the Box programmer, set your parameters.
    Then read back with HP Tuners and perform your tuning. Might give that a try.

NOTE... Not all box Tuners supported the ability for HP to read after their tune was applied to the ECM and I'm 99% sure the newer version of said programmer no longer support it.
    2011 Camaro 2SS Convertible L99 Bone Stock for now
    2003 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins QC 4x4. Airaid, 2nd Gen Intake, Grid Heater Delete, D-Tech 62/65/12, Magnaflow. Bully Dog: Propane Injection, Triple Dog W/Outlook Crazy Larry. Edge EZ, BD Flow-Max, 48RE: Sonnax Sure Cure/Transgo combination, Derale turbulator, billet input, Triple Disc, Super servo, 4 ring Accumulator. :beer