Thread: Unknown Liscense new(?) MPVi2

Tuner in Training

Unknown Liscense new(?) MPVi2

When trying to write to my vehicle with a brand new mpvi2 i get an "unlicensed vehicle error". I have tried resyncing interfaces and also "read vehicle". Nothing ever pops up for me to add licenses or credit. My profile on HP Tuners shows the device with 2 credits. I can use my tuners mpvi1 which he originally used to tune the vehicle and it works fine. I have never used one of these myself(I'm learning) but I also noticed a lot of vehicles under license information, is this normal? Any ideas to fix the unknown license error? I have attached some screen shots.
    Attached Images Attached Images

If you yourself never spent the 2 credits on that new MPVI2, then it won't let you write it.

If your tuners MPVI has the license, only his would let you write to it.

That is how I am understanding what you wrote.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    If you yourself never spent the 2 credits on that new MPVI2, then it won't let you write it.

If your tuners MPVI has the license, only his would let you write to it.

That is how I am understanding what you wrote.
    Sorry for the confusion
    I have a new mpvi2 with 2 credits on it that will not write to my vehicle,it gives me an "unknown license" error doesn't even ask for me to enter a license when i read the vehicle. Can read fine, logs fine.

I can use the original Mpvi that was used to tune the car and it works fine when trying to write.

What can I do to get the MPVi2 to write?

Side note- I'm also not sure if my mpvi2 is a new unit, since it has so many licenses listed in "license information".

I also realize I spelled license wrong in the thread title

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Burntendzz View Post
    Sorry for the confusion
    I have a new mpvi2 with 2 credits on it that will not write to my vehicle,it gives me an "unknown license" error doesn't even ask for me to enter a license when i read the vehicle. Can read fine, logs fine.

I can use the original Mpvi that was used to tune the car and it works fine when trying to write.

What can I do to get the MPVi2 to write?

Side note- I'm also not sure if my mpvi2 is a new unit, since it has so many licenses listed in "license information".

I also realize I spelled license wrong in the thread title
    Please open a support ticket and we'll get you sorted.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    For anyone having this issue. Rename, or move your license.dat file to another folder, it is located under, "User/Documents/HP Tuners/Settings/" DO NOT DELETE IT, then try to write to your vehicle again.