Thread: Dodge Ram & Jeep ZF8 (8HP70) - Warmup mode tables missing

Tuner in Training

Dodge Ram & Jeep ZF8 (8HP70) - Warmup mode tables missing

Using HPT to tune the tcm in these trucks, I find the trans stays in "Warmup mode" maps 30/31 way too long. In colder weather it can take up to 45m for a trans temp of 60degC to be reached to exit this mode, and I find the trans shifts way to hard during this time.

I've already remapped warmup maps 30/31 to map 5 - so at least the trans will shift when I want it too, but it doesn't help the harshness. The tables have to exist somewhere as there is a very noticeable 1-2, 2-3, 3-4 shift difference between warmup and normal mode.

My files do not have any "warmup mode" pressure or temperature modifiers defined, so I am stuck. Are they defined in other OS and can be added to this platform? I looked in some hellcat file etc. and didn't see them either.

I had a support ticket open last year for this and didn't get far at all.

Tuner in Training
    To further clarify this is the ecodiesel platform.

Tuner in Training
    I've tested with them before and unfortunately all the temp tables affect the points before or after the actual shift. What I would like to change is the actual slip time vs. temperature. Once fully warmed up the shifts are perfect, its just when its warming up the shift is harsh and I can't see it being a pressure issue based on the ZF guide that HPT posted. It was mentioned in the guide that the TCM targets a given slip and will accommodate to achieve this, however HPT could not explain this further.

I should note that the harsh shifting is only at light throttle. When over 40% pedal it's not so bad when cold. Only under light load its harsh.

I would speculate there is a scaling factor table for oil temperature vs. target slip hidden somewhere in the flash file. This to me would explain why the shift is so abarpt/harsh when cold and perfect when warm. Almost all GM TCMs old and new that I've worked with have something like this.

Heck it would be ever easier if there is a scaler that can just change the warmup mode exit oil temp - this would likely achieve the same result. I'd set it to exit warmup at 25c not 60c.

Yea ive been looking for this too, theres no way to control the warm up mode, and when you would like it to Exit. I too feel like many tables are missing.