Thread: Map Sensor Scaling

Question Map Sensor Scaling

Has anyone ever put together a list of GM Map Sensor Scaling for HP Tuners. Im working on a Procharged 6.0L and seeing map readings that dont make sense. SO I would like to find a 3 bar map sensor and the proper scaling for it that works well with HP Tuners that people have had success with, so that I can figure out if my issues are hardware or user. I appreciate the help big time!

I am currently using a 3 bar operating system on a Gen 3 PCM. I havent changed my Prolink yet, but I see that neither Widebands I have setup in the scanner show any differences or changes in the fueling. Funny, when live on the scanner I can see wide bands operating and moving. But when I make a pull and look at the data, the widebands (AEM4110) show flatline and my AFR Error Maths are loving in all the wrong places. Ill try tomorrow to see if that issue is the pro link with a cut and crimp. But that doesnt explain why my graphs are showing lower than 99kpa on deceleration, and pegging to 215 on acceleration. I am using a map sensor I have used in much lower boost that has worked perfect. Now high boost and Im not sure what I am seeing is correct. I have a Boost gauge AEM that is showing boost at what I set my boost limiter too 10 psi, so I am pretty sure my scaling is off, my map sensor is goofy, or I just plain got it wrong in the system.

I have a 3 bar map in the scanner, I have a 2 bar sensor scaled in the VCM, an F1 Procharger, and a boost limiter set at 10 psi, yet I am seeing the scale look like it only reads from the beginning of the second atmosphere but dropping well into the first atmosphere on deceleration. WFT Over!Tune 81234abc.hplTune 812345678.hpt
    Last edited by Trucker82; 01-02-2022 at 05:29 PM.

What MAP sensor are you using? A search of the part number will usually turn up a post that has that sensor's linear & offset specs. Odd that you didn't mention what it is.

Your MAP is reading 200kPa at key-on. This is extremely not right. You are logging the 3-bar MAP channel, and I don't think you are using a 3-bar sensor. Your linear/offset in the tune is 205/10.33. Where did those numbers come from? What sensor is it? Do you have the connector pinned correctly? Is it a junk offshore fake sensor or a real one?

Please remember that your boost gauge shows, well, gauge pressure (atmosphere = zero PSI/ zero kPa, unaffected by altitude or weather) while your MAP shows absolute pressure (atmosphere = 14.7 PSI/101 kPa at sea level, less at altitude). Trying to compare gauge to absolute is an easy way to get all turned around real quick because they measure in fundamentally different ways.

You have the MAF failed (removed altogether?), yet DTCs P0101-103 are set to No MIL. These MUST be MIL On First Error to put it into speed density. If at least one of those codes doesn't set as soon as it fires up it will not be in SD. You are logging MAF Hz while trying to do speed density. Don't do that. Use the MAF or do not use the MAF, none of this inbetween stuff.