Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Audi 3.0T Simos 8.5 Issues

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveMcQouy View Post
    Thank you very much for the help, those TQ tables are tricky lol.
    One last question if you happen to know much about Audi. The car is a manual gearbox and when I 2-step it with traction control off the 2-step goes away and it will rev all the way up. Not sure if it's a vag-com thing or what
    Try putting all the Launch Torque and Stationary limit stuff back to stock for testing? not sure other than that, was it working correctly stock?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerJDubbs View Post
    Try putting all the Launch Torque and Stationary limit stuff back to stock for testing? not sure other than that, was it working correctly stock?
    No unfortunately it's how the vehicle is, all Audi's that I've messed with, with a manual gearbox are like that from factory. It has a 4k rpm limit stock but with traction off and clutch in, it will go all the way. For some reason the stationary limit gets turned off. Obviously the big issue is when you launch, TC will kick in sometimes and there goes the launch. I sit there and hit the TC button as I'm launching lol. I had an '08 A4 completely stock and it did the same thing, Dad had an '09 A5, same thing. Very little info with newer Audi's and manual gearboxes, everyone wants that automatic.

Advanced Tuner
    Just on a side note I have heard talk of false knock at high RPM with these engines, if you have the means to use det cans and top tier fuel I bet we could pickup significant gains

Tuner in Training
    Just on a side note I have heard talk of false knock at high RPM with these engines, if you have the means to use det cans and top tier fuel I bet we could pickup significant gains
    I have an AEM meth kit that I run almost 24/7 in the summer. I run the blue windshield washer fluid that's only (water/meth/and blue dye). I do not run it while tuning as I don't want to rely on it. That helps with heat soaking in the summer. I also only run 93 octane in the car from Exxon-Mobil. I can get pump 100 octane at a VP Racing gas station but at $10/gal on a daily driver it's not worth it lol.

Advanced Tuner
    I have an AEM meth kit that I run almost 24/7 in the summer. I run the blue windshield washer fluid that's only (water/meth/and blue dye). I do not run it while tuning as I don't want to rely on it. That helps with heat soaking in the summer. I also only run 93 octane in the car from Exxon-Mobil. I can get pump 100 octane at a VP Racing gas station but at $10/gal on a daily driver it's not worth it lol.
    Post a log on that last file if you can I’d like to see it ��

Would love to see some logs on meth for sure!

Tuner in Training
    Post a log on that last file if you can I?d like to see it ��

Will do, we got 8.5" of snow last night!! So I'll go out tomorrow and do some logs with and w/o meth plugged in

Advanced Tuner
    Will do, we got 8.5" of snow last night!! So I'll go out tomorrow and do some logs with and w/o meth plugged in
    Sweet!

Tuner in Training
    Post a log on that last file if you can I?d like to see it ��

Got some logs with and with out meth, nice cold day for boost.
    Regular run: 3rd gear at 12:16:06 3rd into 4th gear at 12:17:54

Meth Run: 3rd gear 12:19:21 3rd into 4th 12:20:54 3rd gear 12:33:45
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training

This is the same Pulley Setup i have on my 2012 S4 that looks Promising! Where did you hook the Meth up to?

Alex

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexRodi View Post
    This is the same Pulley Setup i have on my 2012 S4 that looks Promising! Where did you hook the Meth up to?

Alex
    Meth is hooked up to my intake pipe coming from the cone to the throttle body. I'm using a 500cc injector. There is a very good forum on this engine and all things meth here: https://www.audizine.com/forum/showt...alk-Water-Meth

Tuner in Training
    Meth is hooked up to my intake pipe coming from the cone to the throttle body. I'm using a 500cc injector. There is a very good forum on this engine and all things meth here: https://www.audizine.com/forum/showt...alk-Water-Meth
    Awesome thanks a lot

Advanced Tuner

Looks great! Seems like you might be able to throw a couple degrees at it on meth, also seems like there might be a multiplier to max map for 4th gear as we see it come up substantially vs 3rd

Tuner in Training
    Looks great! Seems like you might be able to throw a couple degrees at it on meth, also seems like there might be a multiplier to max map for 4th gear as we see it come up substantially vs 3rd
    Interesting there would be a multiplier, do you think that's something in the background that HPTuners does not show us? I'm going to continue to work on the non meth tune for now. I think I need to spend some time with the TQ tables and dialing those in. There is now a slight hiccup that can be seen in the MAF data where it plateaus out around 5k rpm. Boost drops ever so slightly and then comes back as well.

This data log was to check some knocking clean up. No Meth but shows some of those hiccups
    Last edited by SteveMcQouy; 01-10-2022 at 04:43 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Interesting there would be a multiplier, do you think that's something in the background that HPTuners does not show us? I'm going to continue to work on the non meth tune for now. I think I need to spend some time with the TQ tables and dialing those in. There is now a slight hiccup that can be seen in the MAF data where it plateaus out around 5k rpm. Boost drops ever so slightly and then comes back as well.

This data log was to check some knocking clean up. No Meth but shows some of those hiccups
    Can you post the file that was taken on? Thanks

Tuner in Training
    Can you post the file that was taken on? Thanks
    It was with this file, however I run 17" rims with my snows so the side walls are a lot taller. I believe the soft sidewalls have been messing with the traction control as I did notice the light come on a few times doing 3rd and 4th gear pulls. I'll try some more with TC off.

Tuner in Training
    Went out with TC off, did some pulls. Still some hiccup that can be see in the MAF. However during a 4th gear pull, my bypass valve decided to get stuck closed. Not the first time as they are stupid little plastic gears.

Advanced Tuner
    Went out with TC off, did some pulls. Still some hiccup that can be see in the MAF. However during a 4th gear pull, my bypass valve decided to get stuck closed. Not the first time as they are stupid little plastic gears.
    Do you actually feel the hiccup or is it just something you see in the logs? because the timing fueling and everything still looks clean when there is the small blip in airflow at MAF (also this vehicle is not equipped with a MAF so youre seeing speed density calc not actual mass airflow

Advanced Tuner
    It was with this file, however I run 17" rims with my snows so the side walls are a lot taller. I believe the soft sidewalls have been messing with the traction control as I did notice the light come on a few times doing 3rd and 4th gear pulls. I'll try some more with TC off.
    had another look at your file, is the blower ported?

Tuner in Training
    had another look at your file, is the blower ported?
    I did have the throttle body and blower ported by a machine shop. Not sure how much they actually did, never noticed a difference but when I had the motor out the 1st time I had it done.

Tuner in Training
    Do you actually feel the hiccup or is it just something you see in the logs? because the timing fueling and everything still looks clean when there is the small blip in airflow at MAF (also this vehicle is not equipped with a MAF so youre seeing speed density calc not actual mass airflow
    I always wondered if it was a MAF sensor. There is a sensor going into the SC housing right after the TB. So you're saying they are all pressure sensors? Why not use a MAP based tuning style then, why calc to MAF?