Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Audi 3.0T Simos 8.5 Issues

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveMcQouy View Post
    I always wondered if it was a MAF sensor. There is a sensor going into the SC housing right after the TB. So you're saying they are all pressure sensors? Why not use a MAP based tuning style then, why calc to MAF?
    Your supercharger airflow table has portions of it that fall into a stock rpm and pressure ratio that are modified to higher than stock values, to me that doesn’t make sense
    Last edited by TylerJDubbs; 01-12-2022 at 05:26 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerJDubbs View Post
    Your supercharger airflow table has portions of it that fall into a stock rpm and pressure ratio that are modified to higher than stock values, to me that doesn?t make sense
    I expanded the table so that it would go to the new SC rpm limit of roughly 24k and extended P.R. as well to roughly what was being logged

Tuner in Training
    Hey Guys,

my S4 has the Simos 8.4 would some of this threat apply to mine too? can i compare some of your values to mine?
    Thanks for the Answer.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexRodi View Post
    Hey Guys,

my S4 has the Simos 8.4 would some of this threat apply to mine too? can i compare some of your values to mine?
    Thanks for the Answer.
    if you're Stock pulleys not all of this will apply to you, Start your own thread and I can assist you there if you need

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerJDubbs View Post
    if you're Stock pulleys not all of this will apply to you, Start your own thread and I can assist you there if you need
    I have same dual Pulley system on it, i will make a pull this weekend and open a thread thanks!

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveMcQouy View Post
    I always wondered if it was a MAF sensor. There is a sensor going into the SC housing right after the TB. So you're saying they are all pressure sensors? Why not use a MAP based tuning style then, why calc to MAF?
    That's the 3rd MAP sensor. The MAF is a calculated value, derived from manifold pressure. Its used to verify some other low level logic, Germans have a ton of system checks and verifications going on behind the scenes. Its all left over from the SIMOS 8.2 on the 3.2 FSI that did have a MAF. It was easier to keep the logic and calculate MAF, instead of trying to delete it out.

The ECU is a MAP / speed density implementation. All engine loads are derived from manifold pressure. But its more of a RPM x Load lookup in a map with the VE and airflow predefined, then a MAP*VE calculation.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by mtb703 View Post
    That's the 3rd MAP sensor. The MAF is a calculated value, derived from manifold pressure. Its used to verify some other low level logic, Germans have a ton of system checks and verifications going on behind the scenes. Its all left over from the SIMOS 8.2 on the 3.2 FSI that did have a MAF. It was easier to keep the logic and calculate MAF, instead of trying to delete it out.

The ECU is a MAP / speed density implementation. All engine loads are derived from manifold pressure. But its more of a RPM x Load lookup in a map with the VE and airflow predefined, then a MAP*VE calculation.
    Very interesting, you wouldn't happen to know why my torque tables were limiting the power before TylerDubbs did some editing for me?
    Also would you know how to go about recalibrating the airflow with this ecu. I have had the SC ported as well as TB but nothing has been changed. Reasoning behind that is my fuel trims can be high sometimes leading me to think airflow is not accurate.

Potential Tuner
    Bypass close can be done without rescaling the torque demand at all.
    I have here a hpt file converted from APR Stage 2 + 80mm (Ultracharger) TB setup 93oct.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by nosport View Post
    I have here a hpt file converted from APR Stage 2 + 80mm (Ultracharger) TB setup 93oct.
    Do you have this file you are willing to share?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by nosport View Post
    Would you be willing to share this, nosport? In return I'd be willing to share my professional tuned stage 1 file? Thanks in advance

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_Enthuse View Post
    Would you be willing to share this, nosport? In return I'd be willing to share my professional tuned stage 1 file? Thanks in advance
    What car do you need the stage 2 tune for? 8.4 or 8.5 simos?
    I also have a pro stage 1+ 8.4 simos tune for an S4.. but in bin format.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDrill View Post
    What car do you need the stage 2 tune for? 8.4 or 8.5 simos?
    I also have a pro stage 1+ 8.4 simos tune for an S4.. but in bin format.
    I don't need Stage 2 per-se but wanted to get the low-down on the tuning that successfully keeps the bypass closed (for Stage 1) I can't achieve more than approx 190kpa. It's 8.5 Simos for Q5 in hpt format

Tuner in Training

q5 stage 1

I don't need Stage 2 per-se but wanted to get the low-down on the tuning that successfully keeps the bypass closed (for Stage 1) I can't achieve more than approx 190kpa. It's 8.5 Simos for Q5 in hpt format
    Try this out , Changed a few things that I thought were needed . log and see if it helps.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    Try this out , Changed a few things that I thought were needed . log and see if it helps.
    Thank you, I can see the logic you have used, which I thought was good and have flashed it, but on logging have found max boost to remain the same (27.5psi = 189kPa), so I'm thinking that trans torque limit is being reached and this is controlling boost (trans is AL551 and so far I've not been able to read with HPT), see below screenshot from CarScanner log showing boost sensor A, RPM and indicated torque. Would reducing indicated torque on 'aircharge to torque' and 'torque to aircharge' tables help? i.e. 1389mg as 550nm? Also increase max aircharge to 1389mg?

Screenshot_20230201_112746.jpg

Tuner in Training
    Thank you, I can see the logic you have used, which I thought was good and have flashed it, but on logging have found max boost to remain the same (27.5psi = 189kPa), so I'm thinking that trans torque limit is being reached and this is controlling boost (trans is AL551 and so far I've not been able to read with HPT), see below screenshot from CarScanner log showing boost sensor A, RPM and indicated torque. Would reducing indicated torque on 'aircharge to torque' and 'torque to aircharge' tables help? i.e. 1389mg as 550nm? Also increase max aircharge to 1389mg?

Screenshot_20230201_112746.jpg
    your stage 1 requested torque tables are a lot lower than mine, also I have altered timing and fueling, my rpm limiters are higher also, but wont help you until you can change mapping in the transmission.

Tuner in Training
    your stage 1 requested torque tables are a lot lower than mine, also I have altered timing and fueling, my rpm limiters are higher also, but wont help you until you can change mapping in the transmission.
    You're very helpful TheDrill could you share your hpt or a screenshot of your requested torque tables? I have also adjusted the torque tables, fueling (enrichment) and timing but this is on a more recent tune revision that I can't access at the moment but happy to share

Tuner in Training

Tuner in Training
    Whats the maximum cylinder airmass that anyone has been able to achieve on a Stage 1 Tune on the 3.0T with Simos 8.5?

I cannot seem to get above 1100mg but theoretically should be able to get higher, as aircharge to torque tables in stock config show mid 1200's and software max is 1389mg.

See numbers from a WOT run below, at 10deg C ambient (50F); barometric at 997hPa (29.44in); elevation 70m (230ft).

Also be free to check my math for this - ((gsec x 60) / (rpm/2) / cyl) x 1000 = mg/str

gsec .. rpm .. cyl .. mg/str
    336 .. 6260 .. 6 .. 1073
    328 .. 5980 .. 6 .. 1099
    314 .. 5750 .. 6 .. 1092
    288 .. 5380 .. 6 .. 1070
    267 .. 5005 .. 6 .. 1068
    262 .. 4900 .. 6 .. 1071

The above is with boost A reading between 27.0 - 28.0 psi (186 - 193kPa) which I have not been successful in achieving higher than this boost level. See below screenshot from CarScanner app during WOT run 2nd/3rd.

Screenshot_20230203_084404.jpg

Tuner in Training
    Whats the maximum cylinder airmass that anyone has been able to achieve on a Stage 1 Tune on the 3.0T with Simos 8.5?

I cannot seem to get above 1100mg but theoretically should be able to get higher, as aircharge to torque tables in stock config show mid 1200's and software max is 1389mg.

See numbers from a WOT run below, at 10deg C ambient (50F); barometric at 997hPa (29.44in); elevation 70m (230ft).

Also be free to check my math for this - ((gsec x 60) / (rpm/2) / cyl) x 1000 = mg/str

gsec .. rpm .. cyl .. mg/str
    336 .. 6260 .. 6 .. 1073
    328 .. 5980 .. 6 .. 1099
    314 .. 5750 .. 6 .. 1092
    288 .. 5380 .. 6 .. 1070
    267 .. 5005 .. 6 .. 1068
    262 .. 4900 .. 6 .. 1071

The above is with boost A reading between 27.0 - 28.0 psi (186 - 193kPa) which I have not been successful in achieving higher than this boost level. See below screenshot from CarScanner app during WOT run 2nd/3rd.

Screenshot_20230203_084404.jpg
    ~200 kpa is going to be around the max you without a pulley swap.

Tuner in Training
    Hello,

Wondering If I can get someone to review my "stage 2" tune and possibly provide pointers or even changes. Willing to pay if it helps me figure out what I seem to be missing compared to some canned stg2 tunes. I will upload my file as well as some logs. I am not fully sure of how the air charge tables work so I scaled them up 31% to start with as the supercharger is being spun 31% ish faster on the 207mm pulley. I can hit 22 lbs (after subtracting barometric) in first gear but after that, I seem to be capped at 16 lbs and I'm not fully sure why. The log provided is from me trying to get a 7200 rpm shift to work and failing. So ignore any weird parts you may see pertaining to that as I am back to shifting at 7000.
    Attached Files Attached Files