Thread: Remote Tuning - Master/Slave MPVI VCM Suite 4.XX Questions

Tuner in Training

Remote Tuning - Master/Slave MPVI VCM Suite 4.XX Questions

I have been developing a tune for the Magnuson Supercharged Gladiators and Wranglers. I have share the tune for all to copy and that has been a bit of a hassle, as I have had to create instruction for the un-initiated to copy the tune and flash it. Well now I have developed a smaller pulley tune, and with this there is some required hardware changes and it will make it difficult to tell someone to go back to using the tune that came with their supercharger, as they have made changes. I would like to offer a tune that is ready to flash, as making a copy error r any other error at this higher performance level is a bit higher stakes proposition.

I have been studying this Master/Slave function of the editor. I think this may work. I have some questions

1. The original sticky speaks about VCM Suite 3.XX and using a MPVI and multiple credits for each user of the tune. In the FAQ section there is a blurb saying that you do not need multiple credits using Suite 4.XX and a MPVI2? Is there a place I can find the exact process? or can someone explain the differences

2. Currently I have an MPVI that has served me well for multiple projects over the years. If it will simplify the Master Slave process. I would be willing to invest in an upgrade to an MPVI2

3. I am tuning Jeeps so will this process work on the Jeep stuff as it is a bit different than GM and ford of course.

4. I assume I need to modify the file taken from the vehicle in question as it has the vin and ECM serial numbers, and I somehow need that in the Slave file

Any help that can be offered would be appreciated as I would like to offer this to the Jeep community. Thanks

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    MPVI2 does not require a file license until you go to flash said file with your MPVI2, we would recommend upgrading to the MPVI2 if you plan on doing alot of the master/slave files.

Everything else is the same and works for Ford/Dodge just as it does for GM
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Thank you for the heads up. I just gave it a go! Works great, I need to check in more often had no idea, this was available could of saved myself some work. Oh well live and learn.