Thread: So I ran into assuming a cobb tuned 2011 STI

So I ran into assuming a cobb tuned 2011 STI

So i can read but not write with beta and it will not even read with stabile release. Any ideas?JOSH 11 BASE.hpt
    2000 Camaro SS 408 TH400
    2012 Subaru WRX STI
    2013 Camaro SS
    2001 Corvette Z06

I hadn't looked at a Subaru map on HPT yet, so I downloaded yours to take a look. It seems to be missing some things, one of them being very important, which is the Knock Advance Max timing table. The base timing tables don't quite match up to what I have for a stock 2012 STI (via Cobb). SI drive looks odd as well. I'd be curious to see more Subaru maps.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 99CamaroSS View Post
    So i can read but not write with beta and it will not even read with stabile release. Any ideas?JOSH 11 BASE.hpt
    to be able to read and write with VCM you must first uninstall the COBB

Quote Originally Posted by jaz|TUNING View Post
    I hadn't looked at a Subaru map on HPT yet, so I downloaded yours to take a look. It seems to be missing some things, one of them being very important, which is the Knock Advance Max timing table. The base timing tables don't quite match up to what I have for a stock 2012 STI (via Cobb). SI drive looks odd as well. I'd be curious to see more Subaru maps.
    Not quite sure what you mean about the spark and knock tables.....

subaruknockandspark.PNG

The torque tables appear to have been misdefined, that's a pretty easy fix I'll take care of

Quote Originally Posted by evan.s@hptuners View Post
    Not quite sure what you mean about the spark and knock tables.....

subaruknockandspark.PNG

The torque tables appear to have been misdefined, that's a pretty easy fix I'll take care of
    Still learning to navigate in this software, though I didn't expect a timing adder to be under "Retard", when it really should be under "Advance".

Attached Images Attached Images

I had a phone call today about an issue someone is having trying to apply the "code modifications" and they are unable to see the VE map appear. I had them send me the map and I tried it as well and it did not work for me. I did all this to the map you posted in the first post and got it to work just fine, however, I can confirm that the map you posted, was not OEM or any OTS map. There is a chance that it was tuned with ECU Flash/RomRaider. I'm not sure who tuned it, but I can say it wasn't me after looking at it (I used to live in Omaha).

The thing I'd like to confirm at this point is a previously Cobb tuned Subaru moving to HPT and being able to apply these maps. The HPT CS is telling the person who called me today, that the Cobb AP must not be putting the original map on, stripping it of features. I know that the Cobb AP backs up the original map and installs it back on the ECU when it is unmarried.

Do you have access to an AccessPort to marry and then unmarry on that vehicle? This would prove that the Cobb is not an issue.

I'm kinda tired of dealing with the issues with the Subaru and Polaris stuff and would like to shut down the guesses.