Thread: New tuning laptop

Advanced Tuner

New tuning laptop

Currently using a HP pavilion x360 14"
    Its been great, but after a while of getting picked up by the screen, carried to cars and a few sudden flights off the seat onto the floorboard its starting to have a few glitches so Im looking for a new one.

I keep going back to the same thing, but curious what everyone else is using. I do want to stay with the 14" screen. Im used to that size, and its easier for me getting in and out of vehicles with it.

Advanced Tuner
    Get a used Dell Latitude e7270 off ebay. I have one I use mainly for Hp Tuners, its quite the workhorse with an i7 CPU and 16GB RAM. It has no issues logging many channels at once. Never skips a beat, is semi rugged and can be used with a dock. The size (12.6" but there is a 14" model available) is perfect for having in the car. They can be had for around $400 or less on ebay. These laptops were 2K or more when they were new.

Potential Tuner
    Im using an older Dell latitude d630 thats about a decade old. HPtuners doesn't seem to be from my short time using it anything crazy to keep up with for tuning or logging. Dont go overboard just for this software.

Advanced Tuner
    If it were just me what I have is ok, but when I have multiple cars to tune a day the slow loading, logging etc doesn’t cut it. That’s what’s going on now with my hp I still have my old dell for a backup

Potential Tuner
    I use a Lenovo Legion the only downside is that it is heavy. But it is a very fast processor, 1TB of memory, does not get hot then I can live with it being heavy. I also have a few older laptops that i can and do use from time to time the best thing to do for the older laptops is upgrade the hard drive it will really help them move faster.

Potential Tuner
    i bought a rebuilt CF31 off ebay pretty cheap. i love it. i can take it out to the garage and if it get dropped it doesnt matter. plus i do alot of my tuning in the woods (ls swapped bronco)

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Justrich19 View Post
    I use a Lenovo Legion the only downside is that it is heavy. But it is a very fast processor, 1TB of memory, does not get hot then I can live with it being heavy. I also have a few older laptops that i can and do use from time to time the best thing to do for the older laptops is upgrade the hard drive it will really help them move faster.
    That's a big difference with Alabama and other year round warmer areas compared to somewhere like Ottawa, Canada in the winter haha... During the winter a laptop that gets hot is a blessing when it's -20 or colder out lmaoaoaooa

I picked up a Dell - Inspiron 5000 2-in-1 14" Touch-Screen Laptop to serve dual duty.
    2003 2500 QCLB 305/555 NV5600 W/ FAST COOLERS w/ 9 qts Pennzoil Synchromesh, 4x4, Edge CTS for Gauges added with EAS a real Oil psi, LP psi, Oil temp and trans fluid temp, DPP Cool Hose w/ OEM AF Box, Baldwin PF7977, GDP MK-2 FF Kit, OBS Fan Clutch Mod, Steering Box Brace, 1 piece Al driveshaft, On-Board Air w/Horns, BedRug under Color Matched Leer topper.