Thread: Demon Tune in a regular Hellcat

Potential Tuner

Demon Tune in a regular Hellcat

Is it possible to use many of the tables from the Demon Tune in a Hellcat tune for a Hellcat with Demon injectors and a 2.85 pulley. The only exception might be the spark timing table since the Demon has a chiller for the intercooler. Guessing I'd need to reduce spark advance a little over the demon tune.

My thought process is that since the hellcat and demon would now have about the same boost level and I'm using demon injectors that the factory demon tune would be pretty close to what I need for the Hellcat.

Any thoughts? Of course I am going to data log and tweak it after that. Was only going to use it as a starting point.

agreed, copy spark.... fuel pumps are different too.. probably worth adding e85
    quick search shows a stock demon tune, https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...l=1#post535192
    simple enough to compare them and make the updates

Potential Tuner
    That was my plan. Didn't want to just upload the demon tune, but copy the tables that seemed to make sense once I did a compare.

Tuner in Training
    Hey Recap, I was curious how the process went for you? I am looking to basically the same thing and came across your thread so thought I would ask how it went!

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Recap View Post
    That was my plan. Didn't want to just upload the demon tune, but copy the tables that seemed to make sense once I did a compare.
    I have been running a Demon pcm in my 2019 Redeye since it was new. Not the crate pcm. I run the 808hp factory Demon pcm. It has a few more tables that would benefit someone with tuning ability. I tune my car by trail and error. I can say error has won most of battle so far. But i am burning less pistons then i did last year. 2018 is not interchangeable with 15, 16 and 17 Hellcats.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave401Redeye View Post
    I have been running a Demon pcm in my 2019 Redeye since it was new. Not the crate pcm. I run the 808hp factory Demon pcm. It has a few more tables that would benefit someone with tuning ability. I tune my car by trail and error. I can say error has won most of battle so far. But i am burning less pistons then i did last year. 2018 is not interchangeable with 15, 16 and 17 Hellcats.
    So is the benefit of running the Demon PCM, having those few more tables? As apposed to running your stock PCM? Why not run your stock Redeye PCM amd just copy spark tables and such as suggested above? I too am tuning trial and error but I hope not to encounter burnt pistons! How is that happening to you? I am purely asking for insight and not trying to come across as "throwing shade" as the kid slike to say these days LOL

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by thedudeboosted View Post
    So is the benefit of running the Demon PCM, having those few more tables? As apposed to running your stock PCM? Why not run your stock Redeye PCM amd just copy spark tables and such as suggested above? I too am tuning trial and error but I hope not to encounter burnt pistons! How is that happening to you? I am purely asking for insight and not trying to come across as "throwing shade" as the kid slike to say these days LOL
    The Demon pcm has a little less torque intervention from what i have been told. The 2019 Hellcats took real tuners a little while to figure the torque limiters and i am sure some other changes to the 19 model pcm's. Since the 2018 Demon pcm seemed to work i figured why not use it. There was some hurdles to work out from the vin number mismatch but i did get that worked out. I have been running a Gen 5 whipple 3.0 for a couple of months now. So far pistons are still tolerating my abuse. But 16 to 20psi on 93 was risky so i am now trying to figure out E85 tuning. So far with just ve table change it seems to be running good. I know that stoich for 93 is .0722. Stoich for E85 seems to be .1015. I have read a few post that say if you are tuning in Lamba that you do not have to change stoich from .0722. That is what i am using and it seems to be running good. I need to look a little harder at the logs but it seems to be at 11.20 at wot.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave401Redeye View Post
    The Demon pcm has a little less torque intervention from what i have been told. The 2019 Hellcats took real tuners a little while to figure the torque limiters and i am sure some other changes to the 19 model pcm's. Since the 2018 Demon pcm seemed to work i figured why not use it. There was some hurdles to work out from the vin number mismatch but i did get that worked out. I have been running a Gen 5 whipple 3.0 for a couple of months now. So far pistons are still tolerating my abuse. But 16 to 20psi on 93 was risky so i am now trying to figure out E85 tuning. So far with just ve table change it seems to be running good. I know that stoich for 93 is .0722. Stoich for E85 seems to be .1015. I have read a few post that say if you are tuning in Lamba that you do not have to change stoich from .0722. That is what i am using and it seems to be running good. I need to look a little harder at the logs but it seems to be at 11.20 at wot.
    I do not have access to E85, unfortunately, in my town. There are some places out of town that I will be racing, so it is something I need to explore. I have been ordering and using the professional grade of Boostane to add octane points to my fuel and taking my octane from 94 to high 90's up to 116 depending on what dosage. I usually run around 100 myself. Also considering water Methanol kit as I do not have E85 juice readily available.

You said you need to look at logs harder but seems to be at 11.20 at WOT, are you referring to AFR?