Thread: ECM tuning varieties

Potential Tuner

ECM tuning varieties

I am new in this, and I am doing a swap on a 1988 Camaro with an engine of a 1998 K2500 350ci engine, my idea is do the nexts things:

? Disable the VATS (The most easy).
    ? Disable the oxygen sensor bank n? 2 complete and one of the bank n? 1 (It?s only posible to disable on DTCs errors or can be disable in other site? The combustion will be the right?).
    ? Configure for mechanic or manual transmission (I must do something with the other configures of the gears and others?).
    ? Disable VSS (It?s posible? I have no sensor).
    ? Disable EGR (It?s only posible to disable on DTCs errors or can be disable in other site? The valve won?t be there).

Thank you so much.

Best regards,

The VATS should be easy.

You must run both upstream o2 sensors, the two downstream o2 sensors can go away. Turn off COT and the trouble codes.

I'm not sure on those computers for the auto to manual thing. Starting with a manual truck file would be the best solution. If you knew someone with a GM Tool and subscription you could flash the truck with a manual transmission truck file.

The EGR should be some codes again but I'd have to see the file to know for sure.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Thank you so much 5FDP, I will try to do it and I will comment about that!🙌🏻